June 16 for the Cape

Since MichelleH doesn't want to share her birthday cake with us, we will do our own little thing. (And it is for MTBers)

Dirtopia's 9 till 5 - who is doing it? Did it last year, and it is a really tough day of racing. Only rode 35kms in total, but I was knackered when I got home. For a good day out - grab some mates (or if you are slightly mad - do it solo) and enter now. I can definitely recommend it!

Need a team mate?

I refuse to team up with Marius, he takes his mtb racing far to serious for my liking smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Sorry Fatty - already have a team ( I promise I am not avoiding you ).

I think Marius would be the perfect partner - he could race his lap nice and hard, and you could then chill on your lap, knowing that Marius will right himself dead to make up the time.

It's not that I don't want to share, it's that I don't trust the courier service!!

And anyway, you'd really have to ride with us to qualify!!

I am planning to be there - should be a good hard one and good training (believe me, I need it).  Sorry thinman, going to do the stupid solo thing.  I need to keep the pressure off me at the moment, even though you also want to have fun.

Why don't you also do the solo thing? I certainly won't be riding all the time - I ride as I feel.  Or maybe, do 1 lap, rest for 7 hours with beer in hand and then do the last lapsmileys/smiley36.gif.

See you all there.

I'm going to be there as well. Doing the team thing this year. Last years solo is still sitting in the back of my mind... ouch!!! smileys/smiley18.gif

Look out for Team Powered by Pancakes... and coffee & beer & love & ....

You won't miss us, we're the fat, hairy, lazy okes talking k@k all day and hogging the single track... smileys/smiley17.gif

aggg poo, I was ready for the solo but then changed my mind. Rather doing the Napier Patat-trippy and making a weekend out of it. If it's a crappy race I'll be here new year for the 9-5smileys/smiley4.gif 

Hopefully all the "good" mtb'ers will stay in CT to do the 9-5 and give me a chance to do good for a changesmileys/smiley9.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

..........maybe I can do both, if I'm in a team I only have to cycle 4hours and afterwoods I can head to Napiersmileys/smiley17.gif 

Marius, you're not gonna want to miss the 9-5... rather delay Napier till next year.

It's a great day out on the bike... if the weather plays along.

Velouria, why don't you make it a 3man team since Fatty is full of bol?smileys/smiley4.gif Would be fun to do both Buff, if I finish at 5 I still have plenty of time to get to Napier. Sooooooo I don't know, will be in my moer if I do the solo and then still have to race the next day...smileys/smiley9.gif

Or you can just drive through on the morning - the race starts very late. Napier is fantastic too.

ja, but I've already booked a place. Have room for 1more if you want to share. Works out R96 for the Friday and Saturday night 4ppl sharing a 2bedroom housie. It's a little place in Waenhuiskrans.

True, pleanty of time, Napier is just around the corner. Might have to clean the bike before the ride though smileys/smiley36.gif. Are you doing the night ride at Magik tonight?