Which dual sus to buy?

Zula

Ya i agree about the Merida' date=' although they do kinda have the market so unless you don't mind having a bike that many others have ill consider it a option[/quote']

Thats a huge selling point about the morewood, you dont see them on every street corner.

To be honest, Ive never seen one in the flesh!

And lets hope the zula keeps it's boutique appeal...when I am getting my dual-sus in December that is one of the biggest factors imo and the reason why I am willing to fork out a bit more...same with the chumba, quite a boutique brand.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant belive there is such little support for the Merida 96 or the 120 both awesome machines well speced and well priced for R30k you can get a one hell of a bike in the merida range.

I think they are great bikes. A few issues for me though

1. No stock at the moment

2. When spending so much money' date=' Im inclined to go for the popular choice, in that I mean not magura and not the in house shock.

However, they are fantastic bikes, they really just dont have my size![/quote']

I ride the Magura shock and so does Alban Lakata who rides a Rotwild http://www.rotwild.de/ these bikes are serious machines and are not publicly avalible so I dont think they would kit the top of the range bike out with somehting sub standard.

Another interesting fact on the Magura is that is is a mear 20grams heavier than the  much coveted SID XX.

And I promise you the ride quality of the fork is superb better than a FOX or ROX IMHO.

I was also sceptical but it has really turned out to be a winner.

Ya i agree about the Merida' date=' although they do kinda have the market so unless you don't mind having a bike that many others have ill consider it a option[/quote']

Thats a huge selling point about the morewood, you dont see them on every street corner.

Thx!Wink That is the biggest selling point about the Sintesi's!

Not for everyone but the rider that wants Italian flair...

I know I sound like I work for Merida but the Sintesi frame looks  identical to the Merida 96

20100415_081953_9ba7ba78cb49472.jpg

And lets hope the zula keeps it's boutique appeal...when I am getting my dual-sus in December that is one of the biggest factors imo and the reason why I am willing to fork out a bit more...same with the chumba, quite a boutique brand.

Rouxtjie when you get the Zula the rest of us in St Johns wood gonna have to hide our bikes

elsworth truth is the way to go!!!!!!

So where can you get an Ellsworth Truth fully built up for R30k ??

You obviously didn't read the OP first comment.

Rouxtjie when you get the Zula the rest of us in St Johns wood gonna have to hide our bikes

Nooit, ysterman has a elsworth truth, what a beeeeeautifull bike. Whenever he comes past no 1, the bike is always dirty Thumbs%20Up, but ja the zula in black is gonna be sweet. Still considering a chumba from ngala though, that is a sweeet bike as well, saw it when I picked up my 355's on red Hope Hoops.

We must really hook up sometime, gonna do breedts nek early on Sunday if you want to tag along

We must go for a ride I have been doing what I do best and slacking, Rode with Club 100 on Saturday on the road bike but havent done any MTB distance so would be good to taste the sand in my water again. Ill let you know 

I actually dont have a preferance when it comes to bikes above R25k they all good, the most important thing is that the bike must speak to you and when you throw your leg over that top tube it must feel like an extension of yourself, and the only person who knows when a bike is right for you is you.

It is like buying a house no one can say this house is better than this one etc etc when you walk into the front door it speaks to you!

Or your wife does until you buy it but there is definately speaking involved!Wink

We must go for a ride I have been doing what I do best and slacking' date=' Rode with Club 100 on Saturday on the road bike but havent done any MTB distance so would be good to taste the sand in my water again. Ill let you know  [/quote']

Cool PM me if you keen, not going to go too hard. We can load your bike on my rack. Thumbs%20Up and go together.

That is the biggest selling point about the Sintesi's! Not for everyone but the rider that wants Italian flair...

Oh...let me just...breath...ahhh...what a lekker laugh. Thanks.