JHB to PMB for Amashova 2010

Soxx

Does anyone know of a group that rides from JHB to PMB in the week leading up to the Amashova and then rides the race on Sunday?

I know there have been rides from JHB to DBN in the past and cannot seem to find any details relating to this anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Hi Soxx. The club I belong to (ESMERO) will be doing a ride from JHB to PMB this year. We will be leaving on the Wednesday and will then ride in the Amashova race on the Sunday. What deails are you looking for ?

Hi Gato, what's your approximate average speed and distance covered per day? tks

We will in all likely hood cover between 160 - 180km per day and then do a final 60 - 80km on the Saturday morning to get us in to PMB. We will have 2 groups of riders (25 - 30 average) and (30 - 35 or higher) for the crazy bunch. Have you done this before ?

No not yet, but this sounds like a possibility.  Do you organise group accomodation along the route & and a follow car?

Clive the group stays together at all the over night B&B accom. We definitely have support vehicles. Michael your trip photo's looks like you guys had a blast and Clive I can assure you that this trip is something worth the while.