Mountain Bikers in east rand ?

svm3000

I am in Boksburg / Benoni area. prob going to do an early morning ride this Saturday.  Leaving Boksburg Atlas road (Atlasvile area) going out to the Babsfontain PB gaurage and back.  Nothing technical just a long roadside slog. Ave speed 24km/h distance 60km or 72km.  Duration +/- 3h

Anyone welcome to plod with' date=' just let me know. Heading off at 6am

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL

dude, people don't "plod" at 24 km/h..... they "plod" at about 15km/h

Big%20smile

But in the east everything is downhill....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Boksburg / Benoni area. prob going to do an early morning ride this Saturday.  Leaving Boksburg Atlas road (Atlasvile area) going out to the Babsfontain PB gaurage and back.  Nothing technical just a long roadside slog. Ave speed 24km/h distance 60km or 72km.  Duration +/- 3h

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL

Big%20smile

Plod is 24km/h.........race pace is 25 km/h Smile

There are good back rodes to Bapsfontein without the boring alongside the road stuff.

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL

Big%20smile

Plod is 24km/h.........race pace is 25 km/h Smile

There are good back rodes to Bapsfontein without the boring alongside the road stuff.

You have a route or garmin route for the back roads?

A few weeks back we did an MTB ride from Rynfield Spar to Bapsfontein or at least tried but found most of the trails were still flooded.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, while riding the road bikes through the east rand yesterday we saw some guys popping out a section of trees alongside the road on their MTB's. Looked like they were having fun, I'm keen to join a bunch out east and ride a new route sometime. If anyone is planning an MTB ride out east anytime soon, please post the details here. Shot.

Any mtb or road group rides from boksburg this coming weekend 10/07?

Im in parkrand.