Well known PTA Cycle shop :(

mtbN00b

I doubt there is one cycleshop with 100% customer satisfaction, I've heard good and bad from virtually every cycle shop in Jhb and surrounds.

I didnt think phones worked to phone out of cycle shops, I think they can only receive calls....

Cyclelab lost a LARGe sale with a riding buddy of mine when he went in on a weekend saw a bike he like, ordered his size and was told it would be about a week to arrive and he would get the MAGIC call, 5  months later no call, I even went in to ask on his behalf and was told it is coming from Cape Town it will take a few days.........

Broke the lock-out on my Merida just before Sabie, goes in to be fixed and service and ask them to tell me if they can fix the lock-out switch and what a new one would cost......arrive on the Friday to pick-up bike and go, R500 for a plastic lever....SHOT FOR THE CALL

....... look at what happened to Mervin Dinkellman Cycles........ I still think he can blame 50% of his down fall on his staff.

well here goes, have tried pretty much all the bicycle stores in PTA, and here is what i've found. montana cycles are absolutely useless, have good prices, but this passed weekend bought some rimes there, got home to find one had too many holes needed 32 and had 36, so went back and asked if they could swap it for me, they told me they didn't have stock and werent gonna order for me, just like that blugently to my face? so just got a refund. then there is cycle house somewhere in pretoria north, bought a entry level scott from them bout a year and a half ago, and the aftersale service was ....... to put it short, they were not at all interested, seemed to have that attitude am a monor client so what ever.

have however had good service from karsten cycles, the young guys arent so great but still helpfull, and the manager however i give a 10/10 friendly helpfull and down to the point. solomons is also not to bad, guys are helpfull and willing to source down stuff you are looking for.

but then again these are my experiences, other people might have different experiences, this is only my opinion

do not think it in necessary to name the shop, they are in pretoria east. Bought a few things there already and always had good service with thim, even when they had to order my girlfriends bicycle - the told me he would phone back with price - 30 minutes later he did and he also phoned when the bike arived.

but that is the standard i am measuring them to now - i do not buy from pietie who works there ... a buy from the shop, i pay the shop and for that reason i feel the shop needs to give me good service