Another negative thread...

Naas V

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naas....I haven't read the whole thread and don't intend to' date=' but I'll offer an explanation anyway. Someone else might've put it in words, but I prefer a picture.

You see, it's not a typical South African/cyclist thing, it's a typical internet thing, best explained by the following schematic:

20100526_103710_internetdickwad.jpg
[/quote']

Well put, but sorry, I've forgotten your name. What's it again?

Thats the spirit. This thread is going nowhere. Think about the positivies and all its benefits.

Big%20smile 

Ja nee, shimano 105 got bit spiritual and touched on religion earlier.. and in a way it make sense.... some peeps will argue that we have our negative moments cos we're all human, true.. but then someone else will say that the devil feeds our minds with negativety, which is also true.. but seeing as the topic of religion gets very heated up.. I'm not gonna touch on that.. instead I'd rather say that us earthly beings need to be more vigilant of our thoughts and actions.. and it's amazing how when you've achieved something in the day how that brings upon a positive feel about everything, and it can be the smallest thing..

Naas....I haven't read the whole thread and don't intend to' date=' but I'll offer an explanation anyway. Someone else might've put it in words, but I prefer a picture.

You see, it's not a typical South African/cyclist thing, it's a typical internet thing, best explained by the following schematic:

20100526_103710_internetdickwad.jpg

[/quote']

Well put, but sorry, I've forgotten your name. What's it again?

So I don't have my real name as my hub username, but I also like to think that I don't behave like a total dickwad....well, I try not.

So unless you think I do, I don't see how the above pic applies to me.

Furthermore, several of the Hubbers have become actual real life friends to me, so that kind of takes the anonymity away as well

I have just read the whole negative thread thing and I had to have a good chuckle at some of the comments and it has actually put some positivaty into me.Sometimes a negative thread put in a humorous way can be a positive thing. Thanks for making my day

Boring.... smiley12.gif.

I must stop reading this thread now....

But negativity is sooooo addictive.

Ok I will quit tomorrow smiley2.gif

Relax Minty' date=' I'm pulling your leg and you know that I don't do smileys.

[/quote']

My bad....I did take you too seriously....I guess because you've mentioned in the past about the fact so many people on forums hide behind the anonymity.

I'll have some coffee now and go work on my bike and chill.

Right after sending you a pm regarding a wheelset I recently acquired.....now that I think about it

Well taken CatPaws...we pick up the pieces and carry on. Hope you succeed in making the right choice, (yr bike) Go well.

positivity comes from overlooking the negativity and making the most of what you have when you cant have what you want

Ja nee' date=' shimano 105 got bit spiritual and touched on religion earlier.. and in a way it make sense.... some peeps will argue that we have our negative moments cos we're all human, true.. but then someone else will say that the devil feeds our minds with negativety, which is also true.. but seeing as the topic of religion gets very heated up.. I'm not gonna touch on that.. instead I'd rather say that us earthly beings need to be more vigilant of our thoughts and actions.. and it's amazing how when you've achieved something in the day how that brings upon a positive feel about everything, and it can be the smallest thing..[/quote']

Thank you for this post!

Reaching out to others as you say with even the smallest, seemingly most insignificant act, can touch others hearts in a way that's being overlooked on a daily basis.

I make a definate point of calling petrol attendants and cashiers by their name(they always wear namebadges) and they like it. As a matter of fact I like it too and I know you, all of us like it too, that is, being called by our names. How many people just say "morning" or "hi". Who you talking to? My desk, my chair, my car, my bike? Smile

Small thing but it works.

THINGS THAT CAN'T BE REVERSED/RETRACT

20100527_003847_stone.jpg

and WORSE...

20100527_003808_the_word.jpg

Naas V2010-05-27 00:43:15

Ja nee' date=' shimano 105 got bit spiritual and touched on religion earlier.. and in a way it make sense.... some peeps will argue that we have our negative moments cos we're all human, true.. but then someone else will say that the devil feeds our minds with negativety, which is also true.. but seeing as the topic of religion gets very heated up.. I'm not gonna touch on that.. instead I'd rather say that us earthly beings need to be more vigilant of our thoughts and actions.. and it's amazing how when you've achieved something in the day how that brings upon a positive feel about everything, and it can be the smallest thing..[/quote']

Thank you for this post!

Reaching out to others as you say with even the smallest, seemingly most insignificant act, can touch others hearts in a way that's being overlooked on a daily basis.

I make a definate point of calling petrol attendants and cashiers by their name(they always wear namebadges) and they like it. As a matter of fact I like it too and I know you, all of us like it too, that is, being called by our names. How many people just say "morning" or "hi". Who you talking to? My desk, my chair, my car, my bike? Smile

Small thing but it works.

THINGS THAT CAN'T BE REVERSED/RETRACT

20100527_003847_stone.jpg

and WORSE...

20100527_003808_the_word.jpg

Now that I like, I do that too, and what gets up my nose is when I hear someone refer to his beloved long suffering spouse as.....THE WIFE! The pavement, the fire Hydrant the dog.....but demmit THE WIFE! Where did this come from.....ok gonna go and have my bacon eggs toast coffee.

Ditto!! I like those words. I make it a habbit to acknowledge when good is done and even congratulate people when even the smallest of goals is achieved. We all know that the goodwill ALWAYS comes back to you sooner or later.

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar.

One says, "I've lost my electron."

The other says, "Are you sure?"

The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."