I hate MTB single track in races!!!

MJ the Expat

My Avid Juicy`s squeal like a rabid pig when I brake so all I do on singletrack is fly up to the slower rider and jam on brakes' date=' now that is entertainment - all most as good as watching the bull gore the stormers tomorrow. [/quote']

Do that to me and I might just have to do a "brake test" on a fast bit of ST with you on my wheel...

Rather ask nicely to pass dude. You'll be surprised how easy it is.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've heard everything, a MTBer that hates singletrack. 20100528_040027_lmao.gif

What is this world coming to....

My Avid Juicy`s squeal like a rabid pig when I brake so all I do on singletrack is fly up to the slower rider and jam on brakes' date=' now that is entertainment - all most as good as watching the bull gore the stormers tomorrow. [/quote']

Do that to me and I might just have to do a "brake test" on a fast bit of ST with you on my wheel...

Rather ask nicely to pass dude. You'll be surprised how easy it is.

Sorry, if you took offence - just a bit of humour on a FridaySmile

no offence taken buddie. We all get frustrated sometimes on the ST, but pulling the brake stunt only works if you assume that the guy infront of you is going to act in a predictable manner. Wink

You poor Vaalie/Gauteneleng! You need to come to KZN, we have well controlled, batched starts resulting in minimal ST hold ups on races.

Please come down for a race or two. If thats not an option, there's no shortage or road races in Gauteng....Enjoy!

Man, I sure hope you weekend gets better from here...Big%20smile

I've done one MTB race - the Wiesenhof mentioned earlier. I spend virtually the whole race on the shoulder letting okes through. About 25% said, "Thank you". Next time, you can sit on my arse and I'll play you like a Scaleletrix.

And just as I was starting to feel better, I get an sms from my LBS informing me that there will be rides tomorrow - and them is doing the 40km track of the 1st Nissan series on the 5th of June. So now I am p'd off again...Cause the LBS's nam is SINGLETRACK!!!!

I may be a dik auntie, but I'm getting better at riding singletrack. So I'll be kicking your "jammer-gat-jannie" gat soon. Concider yourself warned!

*sjoe, stuck in traffic this morning, made me very aggresive*

I may be a dik auntie' date=' but I'm getting better at riding singletrack. So I'll be kicking your "jammer-gat-jannie" gat soon. Concider yourself warned!

*sjoe, stuck in traffic this morning, made me very aggresive* [/quote']

Hmpf...Of nie...

As much as most of us enjoy single track,my personal opinion is that a lot of races are now including too much.It is all very well for the better riders but more than 50 pc of the field are just average to below average.

I also wonder if organizers don't look for the most difficult route they can-again fine for the better riders.The race is to cater for all of us,even us that push up the rear.Don't get me wrong,it must not be easy but try and cater for those of us still trying to improve ie don't chase the newbies away.

Just my 5 cents worth

Ouch

As much as most of us enjoy single track' date='my personal opinion is that a lot of races are now including too much.It is all very well for the better riders but more than 50 pc of the field are just average to below average.

I also wonder if organizers don't look for the most difficult route they can-again fine for the better riders.The race is to cater for all of us,even us that push up the rear.Don't get me wrong,it must not be easy but try and cater for those of us still trying to improve ie don't chase the newbies away.

Just my 5 cents worth

Ouch
[/quote']

En dis my punt ook...

It's not lekker getting stuck behind a slower rider but remember, you were once also that rider, so give the guy a break ;)

Anyway, im sure even with seeding this will still happen.  Skill sets differ and not all riders can ride as fast on singletrack (specially if its technical in nature) so they might go fast on flats  or such but slow on single track. 

Oh and don't be doff like these okes riding up to the guy and then braking and try to pass while sititng on his wheel, Brian Lopes will moer you if you do this   LOL

He gives a good tip in his skills book - stay back a bit so when there is a spot to pass you can go buy quick and with speed.  You dont sit behind a truck and then swerve out to pass do you ? You keep back so you can see and pick up speed first before passing...

Im with weight weenie, if your going to act like a jerk, i will act like a jerk, if you simply yell early enough that you want to pass I will gladly stop and make space for you, i realize there are more competative people out there than me.

But if you act like a jerk i will hit sunday cruise mode.

Guest Jarryd Haley

Seriousley?

WTF??

Try spinning...
rideabike2010-05-28 09:01:08