Burger vs Agus MTB

SURFER

I have a different approach.  Train hard, start slow, go hard at end and feel like a king ( my roadie approach).    With <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />MTB I also start slow, BUT at the end there is no king, only one very  tired surfer dude.

I only feel like a king on the rough Downhills where I try overtake guys, haha, like once you get along side the dude you see why everyone else is riding singlefile, and I end up having to ride through the friggen ruts and holes. the overtaken riders normally show their appreciation by laughing

their arse off at my " oh  ***" moments

And then another weird thing .. on road races I seem to be a much better climber then on Mtb (which I am by the way more experienced at) could it be the rider/bike weight ratio?? (which is more like 1:1 on my MtbLOL) I just see this because In road races I seem to overtake a lot of people up the hills, while climbing on the mtb Im just ave joe. Or is it just that a mtbiker has to be a good climber.. Its just how it is, and the roadys are often more out of shape? I think the latter...

Did the 60km last year. A bit of mud during the middle part of the race. Took just over 4 hrs. On a wet day it would have taken 5h30. Enter for the 60km, if wet on the day, downgrade to the 42km.