What a mission...

MJ the Expat

So I ordered some spares locally from an online shop. I send an e-mail enquiring when I will receive the much needed spares.

"Tomorrow"

So "tomorrow" came and went and I phoned the store.

"Where my stuff dude?"

The courier company requires a physical adress to make delivery. I gave them a postal adress. No where on the website were I ordered the parts does it indicate PHYSICAL ADRESSES ONLY!!!

SO the courier company "tried desparetly" to get hold of me. Wink

When the couldn't, the y contacted the supplier who again "tried desperataly" to get hold of me.

When hey couldn't, they shipped the parcel to my office in Midrand. And there it was signed for by "Sannie". There are 1000 people working at the office, and I have to go with "Sannie"

But what really just boils me over is that I paid R65 so that I have to go and search for my own damn parcel. I have to go and collect it 70km (140km roundtrip) away from me.

Have a nice day man! Really!Ouch

Frustrating MJ.  Must say I've had only pleasent experiences with online/email ordering.  From CRC to PlanetX have had no problems.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

what makes me laugh in these situations is that they always try desperately to contact you yet you never have a missed call or email from them???

what were they sending desperate smoke signals???

Was in same situation a few weeks back, asked the guy what number they were trying to get me one and after a long silence....oh...sorry sir the number has been removed now??

WTF

"desperately trying to call you" is a standard comment from lazy people. std bank executor services did this to my cell number one day to give me an answer about my inheritance. they couldn't explain how there was no missed call on my phone, no voice mail was left, nada. yet work wise i never have a problem. suddenly it appeared that they had 2 numbers wrong with my cell number. but they had called me on it before. wtf????

I get the issue with trust involved at our security complex.  Everytime they make some decision and I ask why we (I) was not informed they say my email adress doesnt work, but every end of the month they manage to email my statement to me....WTF?

And I am still looking for my spares. Cry

The lady tha "signed" for it, is in a meeting. But this morning someone else asked her if she signed for a parcel for me, she said "No".

Imagine that.

That's uncool. I ordered stuff through CWC in cape town online, and it was on my desk at work in Pretoria the very next morning. Really impressive!

Jip. Sannie first look at me like I asked her for sex right there on the office floor...

But nontheless - I found it. Now I can go put my GT back together.

Hang on a minute. You filled in the online order form and clicked enter, yet at no stage did you think, 'hang on I need to give my delivery address or the courier wont know where I am'

Epic Fail.

Hang on a minute. You filled in the online order form and clicked enter' date=' yet at no stage did you think, 'hang on I need to give my delivery address or the courier wont know where I am'

Epic Fail.[/quote']

No man, I gave my postal adress.