Rudy Project vs D'Arcs

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow' date=' can't you guys afford Radars???  Cheapskates...[/quote']

More like Cheapskate optometrist's.Can you imagine only stocking welding and safety glasses.Rediculous.

The whole tone of cycling is being lowered.

A few guys should have watched the show on Mario CippoliniClap

Guest Big H
Wow' date=' can't you guys afford Radars???  Cheapskates...[/quote']

More like Cheapskate optometrist's.Can you imagine only stocking welding and safety glasses.Rediculous.

Are you a cyclist or a poser????? ..... methinks the latter!!!!!!!

Not sure what you were smoking but it must have been heavy man..

I started out in D'Arcs as a novice, they certainly are comfortable,  the lens quality is good at the price but do not compare with Rudy Projects.

I am on my second pair of Rudy's will not wear anything else, my wife has Oakleys, will not swop her.

Guest Big H
I am a cyclist of course.....the rest speaks for itself

Safety glasses....what next

A cyclists maybe ...... please take pics of your eys before and after using them as welding glasses so all can see you are a dumb cyclist!!!!!!!!

Are you serious? Don't get me wrong' date=' D'arcs are the best in their price range but can not compare to Rudys.[/quote']

Well the D'Arcs are way more comfortable than the Rudys. I'm looking for functionality and not status.

Confused You must have a weird head...Darcs fit like welding goggles

Actually I do.

For me I don't care about looks more comfort. My eyes are extremely sensitive to light and I have to wear prescription lenses.

Can't comment on the D'Arcs but I run Rudy Noyz and I sometimes forget I have them on...that for me is the definition of comfort.

full face helmets Wink - not just for DH racing

Wow' date=' can't you guys afford Radars???? Cheapskates...[/quote']

?

?

?

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

I have Spiuks, Radars and a pair of Radons for riding. Poser? Nah, they work for me. Off the bike, I wear BBs. Mario would be appalled. Wasn't he a Briko man?

Not sure what you were smoking but it must have been heavy man..

I started out in D'Arcs as a novice' date=' they certainly are comfortable,  the lens quality is good at the price but do not compare with Rudy Projects.

I am on my second pair of Rudy's will not wear anything else, my wife has Oakleys, will not swop her.
[/quote']

But are you using Rx (prescription) frames?

Firstly Rx limits me to what I can purchase and even if I was pro Rudy, they have an extremely small Rx range.

I cannot wear contact lenses on my prescription and I cannot get the eye-op.

A cyclists maybe ...... please take pics of your eys before and after using them as welding glasses so all can see you are a dumb cyclist!!!!!!!!

LOLLOL

Just for you ou grote

This will solve the problem for those needing safety goggles on the bike(and are not too particular about making a fashion statement) aaaaaand

wanting to cut out those smelly smokers and those cyclists who don't wear anti harry.Lot of complaints lately.

20100607_083605_Gas_mask.jpg

Please post pic of your D'Arcs' date='as it's been a while and the last time I saw a pair they looked more like welding glasses-what do they sell for now?[/quote']

LOL

They go for R599 Rx with inserts excluding Rx lenses of course (Total R1017 with lenses & frames). The fact that they look like welding glasses is what I'm looking for.

cbrunsdon2010-06-07 13:12:12

OK, so I got to my optom this afternoon to try out the D'Arcs vc Rudy's before my final descion.

The Rudy's are Exception LX ones.

20100607_131513_rudy_exception_.jpg

And surprising how similar they look to the D'arcs (photos don't do justice):

20100607_131833_optics.jpg

So I decided to try them on again and the Rudys are very nice but the D'Arcs where just more comfortable. I really do like the solid feel of the Rudy frames but the D'Arcs where just more comfortable.

Must say that I took a closer look at them and their lenses where identical. So much so that I was half convinced I could swap them and not notice the difference.

Once final selling point, even though I already made up my mind, was the Ominco rep lives in Somerset West (whoever he is?) and the awesome service I'm hearing from everbody (my optom, hubbers, others).

precisely the reason i use Rudy's - i have been so close to losing my eyesight (i have two dead organ donors and their families to thank for being able to see) and the Rudy's sit so comfortably, with the inserts in, whether i'm mtb'ing, road cycling, etc. 

heck, even though my prescription dark glasses (i'm not allowed outside without a minimum level of anti-glare dark glasses) were selected very specifically for use on the motorbike and to look as fabulous on me that glasses can (i'm no picture and the specs don't help), on long distance trips i still prefer to look like a fly and use the Rudy's.

but that is the point - find glasses that fit right and that you can wear outside in bright light with no other protection for the number of hours that you plan to be out there without your eyes starting to hurt and burn and suffer in all the other ways from glare etc.

you must also be sure that if you have to have inserts that when you "test" the glasses you allow for the fact that the rx inserts will be there and the amount of space they will need - a low script will have minimal impact. a strong script / multiple corrective requirements script will be thicker and thus will require more space between the glasses and your face.

you must then also consider how the refraction of the light through the lenses and then the rx inserts will impact. if the lenses and rx insert can almost match in curvature (ie you are just very short sighted or for sighted with no other major problems) then the light refraction issue will have minimal impact.

and the list goes on.

end of the day find what fits right, feels right when you go outside into the glare, and fit your budget to it accordingly. some people find that they will rather "scimp" on luxuries to ensure that they (and their eyes) are happy and comfortable when outdoors.

Guest Big H

precisely the reason i use Rudy's - i have been so close to losing my eyesight (i have two dead organ donors and their families to thank for being able to see) and the Rudy's sit so comfortably' date=' with the inserts in, whether i'm mtb'ing, road cycling, etc. 

heck, even though my prescription dark glasses (i'm not allowed outside without a minimum level of anti-glare dark glasses) were selected very specifically for use on the motorbike and to look as fabulous on me that glasses can (i'm no picture and the specs don't help), on long distance trips i still prefer to look like a fly and use the Rudy's.

but that is the point - find glasses that fit right and that you can wear outside in bright light with no other protection for the number of hours that you plan to be out there without your eyes starting to hurt and burn and suffer in all the other ways from glare etc.

you must also be sure that if you have to have inserts that when you "test" the glasses you allow for the fact that the rx inserts will be there and the amount of space they will need - a low script will have minimal impact. a strong script / multiple corrective requirements script will be thicker and thus will require more space between the glasses and your face.

you must then also consider how the refraction of the light through the lenses and then the rx inserts will impact. if the lenses and rx insert can almost match in curvature (ie you are just very short sighted or for sighted with no other major problems) then the light refraction issue will have minimal impact.

and the list goes on.

end of the day find what fits right, feels right when you go outside into the glare, and fit your budget to it accordingly. some people find that they will rather "scimp" on luxuries to ensure that they (and their eyes) are happy and comfortable when outdoors.
[/quote']

patato - potato

Giant - Raleigh

Polar - Garmin

Shimano - Kempekkernoglia

............... if it works for you it works....... except for the posers who will buy Rudi's and Oakley's and Radar's and Spuik's etc just to look good in the starting blocks...... they are the sad cases.