Survey on PPA. Please complete, be Honest!

Guest Frail4Life

* partnership with

Raleigh or who-ever to manufacture/promote and sell/handout millions of

beginner basic bicycles - for commuting.

Flippen brilliant idea. This has so many benefits for everyone.

Guest Frail4Life

Nojo King.

Good comments.Clap

Please continue.

Cheers

Nojo King makes some very good points, I especially like the idea of bikes for the masses. I get really irritated when I see 'development' riders on carbon bikes with Zipps sponsored by PPA. It's great for them, but is it really the best use for the money? Are there any PPA members who prefer this over giving decent quality transport to 15 or 20 people for the same cost?

I tried getting PPA to send me a copy of their financials a while back, but they completely ignored my request. I wanted to see what our money is being spent on before I comment too much.

As a lot of the most keen cyclists are school children and students, how do you justify forcing these people to fund charity drives? The fees (annual and race entries) should be representative of what is being offered in return with an option of donating to charity if you want to. I earn a decent salary and still have to pick and choose my funrides because I can't justify paying the entry fees (if you want to promote cycling in general, then you also have to make it affordable for your members to do the rides - think how many more people would turn out if it was R50 to do the rides? They would get a similar income from the races due to increased numbers, but at the same time get a lot more people cycling more regularly).

I can't afford to do the MTB races so can't comment on those...

Guest Frail4Life
Are there any PPA members who prefer this over giving decent quality transport to 15 or 20 people for the same cost?

I tried getting PPA to send me a copy of their financials a while back' date=' but they completely ignored my request. 

As a lot of the most keen cyclists are school children and students, how do you justify forcing these people to fund charity drives?

I earn a decent salary and still have to pick and choose my funrides because I can't justify paying the entry fees think how many more people would turn out if it was R50 to do the rides? 

[/quote']

Start at the bottom, Entry level for all.

Those that perform get credits towards next Seasons issue.

As to the entry fees Organisers are just following example, problem is we are not Sheep .Shocked  
frail2010-06-09 20:41:59

Guest Frail4Life
Ok.

I got a Question for All you Hubbers.

What do You want DONE?

What is Your pet HATE?

How can PPA or Any Club improve / increase their Membership?

David

Guest Frail4Life
Please complete this Survey. Please offer ideas how PPA can improve their Service. We need ALL types of cyclists and bikers to complete this Survey to get your feedback.

I am here for Solutions. To make life for a Cyclist or Biker Safer' date=' more interesting, exciting and enjoyable for ALL Men and Women.

What do You want DONE?

What is Your pet HATE?

I can always supply the Popcorn?LOL

David

[/quote']

* partnership with Raleigh or who-ever to manufacture/promote and sell/handout millions of beginner basic bicycles - for commuting.

Well I spent my morning and last Friday before 2010 starting explaining how to build wheels - need 2000 built for bike that's came into RSA for the - California bikes - for commuting purposes, you may have seen these bikes - they those yellow bikes used for commuting purposes. Unfortunately the wheels have been built wrong and need to be re-built and thus I was training people. The bikes in the future will also be completely assembled here to create extra employment!

As I write this in my private capacity, but should it surprise all you "commentator" that I am on the PPA committee? There has been no formal discussion on financial reward for this training - not even remunerations for transport costs - that's what PPA committee members do in the name of cycling (even if it is a private company who organize this project)! It would appear it would, but as only PPA committee members know what work goes on behind the scenes for what appear to be unappreciative cyclist!

I have been on the PPA committee for more than 14 years with a years brake somewhere along the line. The only finical remunerations that is offer to me by PPA I give to Wednesday night racing at Killarny - don't know what it is and don't really care! But as I don't think I will stand for the committee again at the next AGM - should it surprise you guys that I have not even been at an AGM for about 3 years now (Clashes with Euro bike trade show which I need to attend) - no why probably because you guys did not go either!

David you are more than welcome to take my place on PPA ECO - I will not be there this year if it happens on 2nd September as planed (even if I should stand), as again I will be at Euro bike show if my plans are kept! So if it goes to the vote their NO hard feeling from my side! When last did it go to the vote? Why not, not enough "commentator" willing to stand!

Guest Frail4Life

Thanks for your comments Icycling.

I did get to work with those Yellow bikes back in 2006 with the World Cycling conference held at the Cape Town International Conference Centre. That was the week before the Cape Argus. I was working for Mr Bernie at Soloped Cycles.

I enjoy the Wednesday "waffle" at Killarney.

Guest Frail4Life

[quote name='frail'

Please complete this Survey. Please offer ideas how PPA can improve their Service. We need ALL types of cyclists and bikers to complete this Survey to get your feedback.

I am here for Solutions. To make life for a Cyclist or Biker Safer, more interesting, exciting and enjoyable for ALL Men and Women.

What do You want DONE?

What is Your pet HATE?

David

"https://surveys.sun.ac.za/Survey.aspx?quot; target="_blank" rel="no follow">https://surveys.sun.ac.za/Survey.aspx?lt;

frail

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frail4Life

OK

Now is the Time.

I will be raising ALL the "PET hate" issues in the coming meeting.