Recording the TDF

Spat

Hi

How are you guys going to be recording the tour off dstv?

Use the pvr and then what?

Was wondering if there is device can buy to allow you to rip to divx directlt from tv/pvr etc..

Gonna use the HDD recorder. Will just burn to DVD later... Unless a PVR suddenly appears in the TV room B)

Gonna use the HDD recorder. Will just burn to DVD later... Unless a PVR suddenly appears in the TV room B)

Would'nt mind getting a copy of it once you are done if you don't mind, I will pay for the DVD's/postage. Will that be legal?

I'll watch it live - of course I am retired so my time is my own :) - I may PVR the mountain stages, I'll see if its worth it, but you can usually buy the pro DVD a few months after the race if you really want it.

At least with the pro dvd you dont have to sit through all that boring bunch riding and adverts for your favourite washing powder, they edit all the boring stuff out and condense the race into 90minutes of interest.

Nice one grumpy! Run ads relavant to the program!

I will PVR most stages and watch as much as I can.

I recon the DVD will be worth waiting for.

I dont have dstv, so I am so bummed that I cant get the highlights of whats happening.

Is anybody recording it to their PC that I can grab it from?

I have uncapped 384 at home, so I could use that to download updates, but the best stuff I have found on the web so far has been little 2 min things on the crashes etc.

Want I really want is the full hour highlights that I can watch nicely in one go.

Why am I reminded of that thread not too long ago where all the hubbers who did not have DSTV moaned and bitched about the cost etc etc.

I for one would not give them a copy

I'm not retired, and have a full time job... but have somehow found myself at home on the couch in front of the TV every afternoon!!! Jeees... this is bad?

You can ge a TV card for your PC. (I recomend a external)

Record the TDF on your pvr and later play it back while recording to you pc.

OR

Record the TDF directly to your PC.

4 hours of TFD = +- 10 GB.

Then compress the data and burn it to DVD.

Why am I reminded of that thread not too long ago where all the hubbers who did not have DSTV moaned and bitched about the cost etc etc.

I for one would not give them a copy

I have never bitched once about dstv.

I think that the content on there is sometimes a little limited but the reality is that I am never going to have time in a normal day to watch it.

For something special like this though, I am dying to see a bit of magic happening.

For next year I am even contemplating getting dstv just for the month.

So if anyone is recording it to their pc, please let me know!

You can ge a TV card for your PC. (I recomend a external)

Record the TDF on your pvr and later play it back while recording to you pc.

I have a satellite card (DVB-S) in my pc, and record straight to the HD. No need for the decoder or a PVR.

Great for these flat stages when nothing really happens for 180kms - just skip to the end when I get home from work and watch the last 30kms.

Hi

Are you savings all the rips you making.... ;)

You know whats coming next...

I have a satellite card (DVB-S) in my pc, and record straight to the HD. No need for the decoder or a PVR.

Great for these flat stages when nothing really happens for 180kms - just skip to the end when I get home from work and watch the last 30kms.

how do u decrypt the dstv encrytion?

how do u decrypt the dstv encrytion?

I have a satellite card, which has a Common Interface (CI), which contains an IRDETO Conditional Access Module (CAM), and I put my DSTV smartcard into that. Nothing illegal. I pay DSTV subscription fees every month.

Hi

Are you savings all the rips you making.... ;)

You know whats coming next...

10GB a day just for TDF - running out of space quickly. I usually just watch and delete. ;)