What hardtail bike should I buy if I want to spend between R10 000-R14000?

JJM

It is my first time buying a mtb. I looked at the Silverback Siera, it is nicely priced with tubeless conversion for R11 000, but I don't like the frame.

What else can I look at? Speed and handling is very important to me.

• 1 month later...

Merida TFS900.

Not that I'm a big fan, but my friend has one, and I must admit, I'm a little jealous...

Merida TFS900.

Not that I'm a big fan, but my friend has one, and I must admit, I'm a little jealous...

And you should be jealous!! :D Its a great steed - good spec too...

I've got one and will not change it for anything...OK oK maybe a 29er BUT only if it is a MERIDA!!

And you should be jealous!! :D Its a great steed - good spec too...

I've got one and will not change it for anything...OK oK maybe a 29er BUT only if it is a MERIDA!!

Haha! Well said! Supposedly very quick bike!

How would this compare : Spectra for 11k to a Second hand 2009 Scott spark 50 with 800km on it brand spankin new for 10k?

• 2 weeks later...

What size are you? I'v got a medium carbon mongoose, with new american classic 26 disc wheels (Tubeless) KCNC seatpost, Easton bar and stem. Brand new never riden Avid Juicy 3 brakes, and Brand new deore crank. XT deraillers. I'll let it go for R10k