Finally, the SS is complete......

rock

Dis net asof meeste ouens dit doen want hulle het een of ander ou by die epic 'n single speed sien ry nou ewe skielik is dit cool.Ek dink dis 'n fad' date='ah well,dis my opinie

[/quote']

This 'fad' started way before the Epic!

This year will see the 9th running of a singlespeed world championships.

Granted it's not quite as serious as normal mtb racing, with the 2005 world championship race results only serving as qualifiers for another race that eventually determined the winner.....that other race was a go-kart race LOLClap

And the trophy for the male and female is a choice of either a tattoo or actual branding(with a real branding iron)

If the winner refuses either they get disqualified!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

micely put' date=' minty one. you got a singlespeed?[/quote']

No I don't. I have a fully-ridged playbike/commuter but my knees will unfortunately never survive a SS.

Once ordered a custom steel SS frame a couple years ago from the guy who bought the old Le Jeune factory's old tube stock and jigs, but he never got around to it and I moved on.

How did she go....ride report please?

great....considering I've been off for 3 months........was really getting into the singletrack......at least I felt like I was going quicky.....

its hard work - but I highly reccomend it.

I'm amazed by the acceleration......haven't weighed the bike but with being all rigid and a few kg's lighter than the full suss it can sure go (provided you have the macthing lung/leg combo)

Thanks Mampara

No, not a cellphone - rock is having you on. Canon EOS 400D with 17-85 IS & 70-200L lenses.