CWCycles Wendesday rides

Chris Willemse

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hectic pace in the 18:30 group last night... 2 hours of intense riding - who needs killarney ;)

Ja we only did 30 minutes @ Killarny last night :-(

What's the route? How about posting a map?

HeartCoppi - the route we've been following over the last few weeks is from CWCycles shop to Wellingtion rd (via Durban rd), then we hammer it all the way to just before the silos where we turn left (on the road towards Philadelphia - spelling???), then a few hundred meters later we turn left onto Occultdale road (a gravel section of +- 7km) which takes us to Adderly rd, we then go left again towards Durbanville, but then we take another left onto SpesBona (+-6km of gravel) back towards Wellington rd... from there we ride back to Durbanville/Bellville...

Sorry, but I don't have a map for you :(

last time we did it it came to between 45-48km, I decided I need to get a bit fitter before i attempt this again.

Thanks for the positive reports. yes the two rides normally cover the same route except if it is very windy then the 18:00 does a shorter distance.

Although Chris jnr and myself will be at the Euro bike show next week the ride will still go on as usual. Evert du Plessis will be the man in charge of the two following cars.

This is a special announcement. As from next Wednesday - 1st September the 18:30 group will start at 18:15 and NOT at 18:30 anymore. The reason is as follows.

Last Wednesday the bunch leaving at 18:30 could not catch the 18:00h bunch. We want the riders always to finish as 1 group especaily in the dark. It is to dangeroues to have to many small bunches riding on 1 long stretch.

Please convey this message to all your buddy's and tell them that we will still have 2 groups , 1 leaving at 18:00 for the not so fit riders and 1 leaving at 18:15 for the "pro" riders, Nice name but no contracts Marius.

Thanks to all of you supporting the training ride

Big J-WP

The Scott 2011 - 29er are in our shop. We will soon have the Raleigh as well as the Meridas on the floor.Pop in and come and have a look. I am on my way later today to the Euro bike show and will be back again on the 8th September.

last time we did it it came to between 45-48km, I decided I need to get a bit fitter before i attempt this again.

<bites tongue again>

<bites tongue again>

So glad you decided to bite your tongue, as much as I do love your comments. I am talking about fit as in having strengthend core muscles. If you knew me you would know I did serious damage to my back in Judo, and have ongoing back problems. And at a heavy pace my back tends to give in at about 40km.

Please do take note the lungs are just peachy, and I'm not tired on this distance at all. But the more I ride my bike the further i can go without my back giving in.

Hence my statement i need to get a bit fitter before i attempt this again. Now please do me a favour and try and link everything to smoking, cause in my other sports where I dont rely heavily on my core I will kick your butt so badly you would probably re-evaluate your theory on smoking and life in general.

:rolleyes:

Are we riding tonight? Looks wet and miserable out there :(

Welcome to Spring :blink:

I know most of the guys will not believe me, but the rain will part from 5pm AND the wind will die down.

Hope that the ride goes ahead, but somehow I think the boys will call it off. :-(

15 °C at 18:00 down to 15°C at 20:00 and no rain according to windfinder.com.

I usually check the Rondebossie forecast on windfinder for rides outside Durbanville, Rondebossie is the hill just north of Spes Bona Rd.