CWCycles Wendesday rides

Chris Willemse

These folk know how to pick great weather.

Its perfect again tonight.

Saw them tonight on Durban Road at about 18h20 pushing hard, heading to D'ville

They had left behind a single lady rider +/- 800m blonde white frame head turner

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt that they left a rider behind, probably a girl on a lone mission or one of the people that join as the ride is under way. They have cars following the "slow" group that really isnt that slow, and the fast group.

But was an awesome ride, got a bit chilly towards the end. And some chap bought shares in the same pothole that took Chris Jr out last week. Gave us a big scare but he ended up being fine just winded.

Thanks again to Chris Snr, Stefan an everybody else that made it such an awesome event. Ill be nagging the mates at work to get some lights so they can suffer and share the burn. :)

Hallo HeartCoppi

Please come with on the ride next week. I promise you that you will like it like all the other. I can also assure you that the lady with the blond was not part of our group. We have 2 groups both with a following vehicle and that vehicle always stays behind the last rider.

Last night was a perfect and successful evening again. The slow group were only caught about 2km before the Spes Bona turnoff.We decided then that some riders will go straight back home via Adderley rd and the balance doing Spes Bona / Welling Road home. The riders going straight home arrived about 5 min before the other group at CWC.

Yes Chris jnr got a partner buying the same pothole. Luckily no injuries. lets hope next week will be the same weather BUT every cyclist MUST bring one friend with. Maybe we will have a lucky draw next week again.

To Covie and everyone , BIG thanks for supporting the ride.

WOW my 1st ride and what a evening. started with the 'slow' grp only to scream for air. midway through the ride. a beautiful nite with lots of adventure.

i was part of the auction for vacant land- but my buddy who is fine- got the lions share. some bumps and adeflated ego.

thanks chris for your assistance at the end. we'll be back

Hallo Tyger.

Great pleasure. Do me a favor please. Would you please asked your buddy who bought Chris jnrs ground last night to contact me. I have arranged the replacement of his helmet and it will be delivered this afternoon at our shop. My number is 0836404823

I really enjoyed last night's ride as well - rode with the fast group and felt the burn a few times, absolutely brilliant!!!

Thanks Chris and everyone involved in making the ride possible.

Thanks Chris Snr and everyone else! It was a beautiful evening.

Covie and I will certainly be back, and next time I promise my light will work the whole way through :) and I'm gonna have to get me another buff(I love my buff)... One for the head and the other for the neck - it got a tad chilly towards the end, but well worth it.

To all of you who have not gone on a night ride with CW - beg, borrow or steal a light, but you gotto do it!

Have yourselves a great day now B)

Rode for the first time last night, and it was magic. What a wonderful night. I was bravely bringing up the rear on the 'slow' ride, and we had a vehicle behind us all the way. Thanks for all the effort you put into this, Chris.

Glad so many newcomers made the ride. I'll be back after Trans Baviaans. It is great to see how many of the "slow group" riders of 2 months ago are now winging it with the big boys on the 60km route. This weekly ride has helped a huge amount for our Trans Baviaans prep. Thanks to Snr, Jnr and all the riders that pitched week in and week out. I hope that we will continue with the rides during summer. Who wants to go do Killarney on a Wednesday night if you can go night riding!

Are you all ready for tomorrows ride and are you bringing a friend with?

CWCycles is invited to the 2011 Shimano evening starting at 18.30 BUT will first look after my supporters and riders before going to have a few drinks on Shimano. Please do not dissapoint me . Bring those buddys and remember we will have 2 rides.

18:00 Slow group and

18:30 The faster and fitter riders.

See u all.

Promised myself that I would take the week off after Trans Baviaans.

Getting serious cabin feeva. Thinking of doing the slow ride on Wednesday to spin out them legs.

Promised myself that I would take the week off after Trans Baviaans.

Getting serious cabin feeva. Thinking of doing the slow ride on Wednesday to spin out them legs.

Please come along MorewoodMan and tell us about your adventure... and the spin will be good for your legs :rolleyes:

Hope to see you there...

And thanks Chris for putting us before your Shimano party... thats the stuff legends are made of ;)

Yeah my Morewoodmad gets cocky like that with us unfit cyclists (ya bastid I hope you cramp the whole way :) )

I found the pace of the slow group to still be a little too much for my fitness or should i say unfitness state. I need to get some more kilo's in before I attempt that again. At the 38k mark my back just gave in. (old back injury) but I guess i need some saddle time to strengthen my core.

Would still like to see 3 groups.

Total beginners 20-25KMH

Intermediate 25-30+ KMH

Advanced group 30+ KHM

I know its a logistical nightmare. But it would be nice.

Come on, Covie (and anyone else who thinks the pace will be too much for them) ... I can almost guarantee that I will be behind you (again). I was last in the 'slow' group last week. I needed the 'short cut' home, though. Wouldn't have made the long route home.

Hi Covie.

You must be here tomorrow night. That is the only way to get fit and better bud. Dont let me give up my Shimano party and then you do not pitch. See you. I will make sure that someone will psh you buddy.