CWCycles Wendesday rides

Chris Willemse

bloody hell i thought peer pressure stopped in high school, geeez

Ok ill nominate myself as pacemaker for the really really really slow and unfit group.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris, I am really keen to join your group ride, sounds like great fun, was just wondering what is the distance, and expected time of the ride?

Hi Chris, I am really keen to join your group ride, sounds like great fun, was just wondering what is the distance, and expected time of the ride?

Atraut - if we go (our usual route) Wellington Road - Silos - Occultdale - Adderly - Spes Bona - Wellington rd home, it's just over 50km... I usually get home at about 20:30 (I live 2 minutes from CWC shop).

Come along - you'll love it and be back next week... I haven't missed a ride in more than 2 and a half months!

I definetly agree with Marius. Will join for my 2nd ride this week- i regret not joining sooner :blink:

Yes I can read MariusL mind. Have not missed 1 ride in 2.5 months. One of these days he will come forward and want Honorary membership and a special jacket. Hopefully not attendance fee or am I wrong Marius?

Hallo Mojo2

This for MTB although 70 of the ride is on tar. Please try the ride. It will only improve your fitness and remember this is a training ride while the other cyclist are at home. You will be one up on most of the other riders.

See you hope fully tonight.

Yes I can read MariusL mind. Have not missed 1 ride in 2.5 months. One of these days he will come forward and want Honorary membership and a special jacket. Hopefully not attendance fee or am I wrong Marius?

When can I come collect my special jacket Chris :lol:

What I enjoy about this Wed eve ride is that I can feel myself getting stronger - riding with guys that are so much stronger than me has just increased my strength, and determination to one day (when I have my special jacket) to turn up the burn when I set the pace on the gravel sections... and it's a nice social bunch of guys as well.

HI EVERY BODY. I think at this time you all most probably have seen the rain outside. I have just spoken to someone at the weather bureau and they said that there will also be a lot of fog tonight.

We are unfortunately canceling tonight ride. Will you all PLEASE phone your friends and tell them that we will not have a ride tonight.

Thanks

Chris snr

Hi everybody. Are you all ready for tomorrow night night ride? We will have 2 rides as usual.

18:00: This ride will be for the not so fit riders and we will do the normal route subject to the weather and wind.

18:30. This is for the fit and fast riders only. Remember riders that get drop within the 1st few km in the 18:30 bunch will have to turn around. That is why we have the 18:00 group.

Please try to bring at least one of your buddy s with.

See you all at Chris Willemse Cycles tomorrow night. We will have 2 following vehicles again.

Can't wait - seems like the weather is playing along. Was planning on joining the slower group to get some life back into my legs, but Jnr does not want to allow me. Guess it is pasta tonight so I can mix it with the "players" tomorrow night.

Thanks for the new bike Chris - lets race !!

Tonight is the night. Please bring a cycling buddy with. Slow riders starts at 18:00 and fast / fit riders at 18:30.

See you all.

Tonight is the night. Please bring a cycling buddy with. Slow riders starts at 18:00 and fast / fit riders at 18:30.

See you all.

Thanks Chris ! You are The Man ! Once again, we were spoilt with stunning weather and the privilege of knowing we have your support vehicles with us all the way. It seems as if everybody enjoyed the ride and it is quite obvious the overall fitness levels of the regulars are getting better every week. Thanks for your support and commitment to our safety.