New bike, new wheels, new frame???

CarloB

would like you guys opinions..

At the moment I ride the Giant TCR Alliance 2009 with Shimano 105 components with normal Shimano wheels.. (nothing special)

The frame is Alliance Composite/Aluminum Technology, so its carbon and aluminum, therefore not a full carbon frame.

http://www.jacksbike...en-us/d747.html

I'm now contemplating the following..

Buying good racing wheels to use on my Giant..

Or to buy a new bike or new full carbon frame.. I'm looking at the new Silverback Detroit

Will the full carbon frame make a big difference?

Am using the bike mostly for triathlons and training..

Cheers

For Triathlons get some 50mm or deeper carbon wheels and that will make the biggest difference,you wont really notice the full carbon unless you are winning races.105 is a very good set,is it 10 speed?

Wheels,

I have a set of Cosmic Carbone tubbies that would make awsome race wheels for you,

Bought them from another hubber, and then bought a P2sl that takes 650c wheels, so I have not used then.

I paid 5k without tubbies, you can have them for that but I'll though in 3 brand new tubbies and a used but good dura ace cassette.

For Triathlons get some 50mm or deeper carbon wheels and that will make the biggest difference,you wont really notice the full carbon unless you are winning races.105 is a very good set,is it 10 speed?

Wheels,

I have a set of Cosmic Carbone tubbies that would make awsome race wheels for you,

Bought them from another hubber, and then bought a P2sl that takes 650c wheels, so I have not used then.

I paid 5k without tubbies, you can have them for that but I'll though in 3 brand new tubbies and a used but good dura ace cassette.

Can you put up some picks?

I will agree with the above Hubbers, wheels are the way to go to improve on your cycling. I have upgraded both my mtb and roadbike with proper wheelsets (Mavic for my rb and American Classic for the mtb) and the benefits are massive. Save some bucks and rather go for a decent wheelset first. If you want more later, get a better bike and fit the racing wheels.

Been asking myself the same question for ages, and it appears that the answer is wheels. I have a RC3000 with Shimano Wheels, and my budget can afford Mavic Aksium or Campy Vento which of these would be better, ar would these not be worth it.

Sorry to Hijack your post dude.

Been asking myself the same question for ages, and it appears that the answer is wheels. I have a RC3000 with Shimano Wheels, and my budget can afford Mavic Aksium or Campy Vento which of these would be better, ar would these not be worth it.

I don't think it's worthwhile spending "small" money for "slightly" better wheels. If you can hold out a bit longer and look for even good used Mavic Ksyrium Elite's or SL's etc it would be a far greater benefit (i'm assuming you're racing road).

Agreed for the original post, TT's and Triathlons need a good set of deep sections! :D

I agree with Supa Sonic, if you can get those hands of you little deeper in your pocket, go for a higher specced wheel, which you can source second hand on here. Back to your question, if you are running on Shimano wheels on your RC3000, chances are that you are using a Shimano group set, which will only allow you to use the Mavic with a Shimano body instead of the Campy.

chances are that you are using a Shimano group set, which will only allow you to use the Mavic with a Shimano body instead of the Campy.

Make sure u get the same freehub as per what GS your already riding i think is the point. I have Campag wheels with Shimano Freehubs. Whereas you could get Easton's/Mavic's with whichever freehub you wanted (new).

Thanks guys for all your comments..

It just confirms may thoughts.

What do you guys think about the Easton EA90 SLX

It is a very light wheel, probably the lightest,

while still being stiff in it's price range.

Though not carbon it lighter than the carbon

at 1398g.. Most of Easton carbon wheels weighs

1695g and cost a lot more.

I would appreciate comments..

Thanks