Top Tip for 29er riders

Thanks for the report MBP. I agree they both have their advantages.

My Epic Partner had a full sus 26er, I rode a HT 29er and we had a similar mix of riding. I would hit the front on the climbs, flats, sand etc and he would take the lead on downhills and singletrack.

It would be impossible to say what would have happened if we had swapped bikes. I think you just adapt to what you ride.

Dont forget, you are what you eat & you perform on what fuel you put in your tank. I put a 29r under my butt and Pace n Power's endurashake inside my engine, please always at least 1 beer the night before. Aparently a 29 will offer 10% better rolling resistance on average over a 100 km ride against a 26. Why do you think road bikes dont have 26 inch wheels?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought a Niner Air 9 frame yesterday. I'm changing sides again and I don't care if MBP threatens me with death or whatever.

26er riders secretly wish that they had vaginas so that their cycle shorts would fit better.

Dont forget, you are what you eat & you perform on what fuel you put in your tank. I put a 29r under my butt and Pace n Power's endurashake inside my engine, please always at least 1 beer the night before. Aparently a 29 will offer 10% better rolling resistance on average over a 100 km ride against a 26. Why do you think road bikes dont have 26 inch wheels?

On a road it woundnt make a difference if a road bike had 26 inch wheels.... if bigger wheel rolled faster, formula 1 cars wouldnt have such small ones!!

On a road it woundnt make a difference if a road bike had 26 inch wheels.... if bigger wheel rolled faster, formula 1 cars wouldnt have such small ones!!

The wheels on F1 cars are massive. Seriously.

To be honest I think that the 29er vs 26 argument means nothing if your a recreational rider... A slow rider is still slow, like MBP said "It's the indian not the arrow". From all the reviews I have read it seems that 29ers roll better than 26ers over bumpy terrain but that these slight pros balance out with the cons, such as weight and slower acceleration.

To be honest I think that the 29er vs 26 argument means nothing if your a recreational rider...

It becomes more of an argument when you are talking about recreational riders.

The wheels on F1 cars are massive. Seriously.

The Rims are small - 13 inches - but the overall diameter because of the very high sidewalls equates to an 18" rim with low profile tyre.

Given that those are fitted to a car that you can only squeeze one midget into, that's quite big.

Another win for 29ers.

So...26er riders you too can bee cool if you fitted huge volume tyres to make up for your shortfall.

What nonsense, moving the magnet closer to the rim will make the computer think its going faster. What you really want to do is move it inwards, where your tangential velocity will be lower. You clearly have no idea how those things work

:P

My Garmin must be broken :angry:

They didn't even give me a magnet and no matter how I change the wheel size my speed stays the same! What's up with that?

My Garmin must be broken :angry:

They didn't even give me a magnet and no matter how I change the wheel size my speed stays the same! What's up with that?

You need to reconfigure your positioning system because you are now further away from the centre of the earth on the higher wheels - try get hold of tech support to talk you through it.

He OPC were you from making such ugry comments on a 29er, we are bigger and faster and better looking and nicer and last but not least faster........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you sure you are faster than MBP?

So I bought a Niner Air 9 frame yesterday. I'm changing sides again and I don't care if MBP threatens me with death or whatever.

26er riders secretly wish that they had vaginas so that their cycle shorts would fit better.

No, it's us roadies in bibs who wish we had vaginas to look better in our shorts!

You need to reconfigure your positioning system because you are now further away from the centre of the earth on the higher wheels - try get hold of tech support to talk you through it.

They keep hanging up on me... rude, I tell you.