Top Tip for 29er riders

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm, I always thought the Trek 69er was a good idea until looking at this. With this setup you get extra speed from the larger diameter rear wheel with all the handling of a 26er. Like this you will also go faster uphill (more distance covered per rear wheel rotation and all that), and faster downhill (thanks to weights comparable to DH bikes)

I wonder why no-one has thought of this before, Giant's big R&D dept is clearly sitting picking their noses - come on Morewood, time to really make your bikes stand out.

All hail the 96'er!

Great for endo's and face plants.

Actually I kinda fancy feeling like I'm riding downhill all day - count me in for the upgrade.

To correct for the different wheel size I'll just set my magnet closer to the rim. I can do science me :D

What nonsense, moving the magnet closer to the rim will make the computer think its going faster. What you really want to do is move it inwards, where your tangential velocity will be lower. You clearly have no idea how those things work

:P

Popcorn is cold, fight is boring! We need some aggression.

I distinctly heard the 26er crowd insult the mothers of the 29er crowd :o

Popcorn is cold, fight is boring! We need some aggression.

I distinctly heard the 26er crowd insult the mothers of the 29er crowd :o

Not at all, manbearpig is dating my mother.

The possibilties are endless. If you wanna be kool ek se you can get a set of riser bars with a 400mm rise. Then you will look like a tjop riding a Tjopper!

Don'y diss the 96er,

I rode one of those hansom TT bikes for a year and loved always riding downhill.

700c on the rear, bent tubes and a 650c front.

In a kooler as ekke rainbow fade, columbus slx tubing, remember the one, you could see the spiral like a rifle barrel doen the seat tube.

What could this be? Sani 2011?

post-2083-051966300 1280472025.jpg

Cant you read?? Not "Sani 2011".... is says "Volcan XC29"... theres a difference!!!

The possibilties are endless. If you wanna be kool ek se you can get a set of riser bars with a 400mm rise. Then you will look like a tjop riding a Tjopper!

With bar ends.