Top Tip for 29er riders

29er riders like to wear women's underwear.

At least we have access to it...26er riders wear schoolboy underwear.

:P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but you have to calibrate your 'computer' to the length your wheel spans out, 29" will be more (2 pi r?) normal procedure for installation anyway.

At least we have access to it...26er riders wear schoolboy underwear.

:P

Because they so quick that they race elites while still at school....The Walking frame 29er brigades false toofs fall out at the slightest bump anyway. Even Burry has stopped sandbagging and is back on a 26 now that the other okes picked up their game..... :D

As an exercise I will be riding the Magalies Adventure with "Kelstinator" He is poe$ sterk and he is riding a Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er. I am going a different route. Regarding my legs, I have been told on more than one occasion that "jussie bra! I've seen better legs hanging out of a birds nest!" I am riding a Chumba VF2 with 5 inches of travel and 26 inch wheels. A full report on who held up whom and where will follow this event. Remember Angus Young of AC/DC wears schoolboy clothes so that must mean he rides a 26er and that alone is reason enough to ride one too.....

I look forward to the race report MBP... let me know how much it hurts when the Kelstinator rips your legs off and slaps you through the face with your own wet bloody limbs.

;)

Manbearpig, you going to be bleeding out the arse for 3 days trying to keep up with that orange 29er at Meggalies. And yes I'm added fuel to the fire!!!!

Wasfat, Manbearpig says you ride like a girl!!!!

Well I WASFAT and how are your race results looking there Gnarly?

Last Race, Epic = Finished (Mission Accomplished)

I look forward to the race report MBP... let me know how much it hurts when the Kelstinator rips your legs off and slaps you through the face with your own wet bloody limbs.

;)

MBP has been kicking my ass on rides since for ever so I would not be surprised he does kick again next weekend after recovering from broken collar boner but then we are riding as a team, he on his 26, me on my 29, remember, its not the arrow its the Indian... and we will sing war cries together and then drink lots of beer so you all can come and watch and then clap lots and shout horray and stuff. By the way I hear Nando's has pulled out as sponsor of the event. Here endith the lesson.

And WASFAT but still stupid!!!! Read it AGAIN I said you gonna make MBP bleed from the arse!!!

And WASFAT but still stupid!!!! Read it AGAIN I said you gonna make MBP bleed from the arse!!!

I am going now where near his arse bru

What is with the 29er/Volcan riders and the fascination with the manbearpigs arse? You okes are scaring me. I'm NOT sharing his tent at Sani, taking my wife with....whoever is riding with her is gettin manbearpig action BWAHAHAHA *EVIL LAUGH*

• 2 weeks later...

;)

Hello Tarmac, In case you were wondering. This is how it was. On the first two days when our legs were both still ok it was difficult to call any differences as any inefficiencies of either bike was made up for by either person just trapping harder. I will however say that I sat Kellstinators (29er Tallboy) wheel on most of the open road sections. The Chumba 26er set the pace through most of the single track and river sections although this was a team decision as Kell wanted a chance to see me fall my po#s off.(it never happened)On day 3 within 5km I knew my pins weren't happy but Kell's legs were also a bit tired and the rocky climbs that we would normally ride easily on any fresh legged training day saw us resorting to pushing the bikes sometimes. The Chumba is normally good on rocky climbs but I was getting off before Kell so it would seem the bigger wheel may actually roll over those rocks a bit better. From the top of the final day 3 climb down to the railway track which was mostly technical single track the Chumba set the pace which was dictated by gravity alone and very, very little pedalling. From there along the long flat sections 26er followed 29er wheel until the final 10km river single track section. We were both buggered at the end but our ave heart rates showed that the 29er had done more work due to all the "towing'. In conclusion and armed with more detailed knowledge of the above compact version of events I truly believe that if we had swapped bikes our end results would have been no different. As Kellstinator always says "It's the indian not the arrow" MBP out

Thanks for the report MBP. I agree they both have their advantages.

My Epic Partner had a full sus 26er, I rode a HT 29er and we had a similar mix of riding. I would hit the front on the climbs, flats, sand etc and he would take the lead on downhills and singletrack.

It would be impossible to say what would have happened if we had swapped bikes. I think you just adapt to what you ride.