Frame Question - Broken Frame that is....

driewiel

Oom Vetkoek

Dis Paula se reflector (Sy het gister 35km in MTB race gery)

Dis Paula se pedals, inclip, sy sal haarself doodval.

Dit gaan goed met die Oossies, ons moet chat.

Sal gaan loer by die link, maar eers moet my timesheets in....

Cheers

3wiel

Where do you live ?

Dangle, sleep in Edenvale, work in Rivonia..... Ride whenever I can, but the driewiel refers to the three ankle biters at home....

Dangle, sleep in Edenvale, work in Rivonia..... Ride whenever I can, but the driewiel refers to the three ankle biters at home....

Will pm.

Guest Big H

Oom Vetkoek

Dis Paula se reflector (Sy het gister 35km in MTB race gery)

Dis Paula se pedals, inclip, sy sal haarself doodval.

Dit gaan goed met die Oossies, ons moet chat.

Sal gaan loer by die link, maar eers moet my timesheets in....

Cheers

Oukay...... sien jy se niks van die "verloor gewig" nie..... Kanse is goed dat Paula ons albei gaan blixem!!!!!!!!!

Hukom ry sy met 'n reflector in 'n reisies??????...... vra maar net, maar dit is moerse dat sy in 'n resies gery het!!!!!!!!

Is jy nog steeds bang vir Christina S??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....... O ekke het vergeet ..... almal is bang vir haar!!!!!!!!

Gaan kyk hier ook..... onthou net om die regte size te koop!!!!!!

http://www.solomons.co.za/taxonomy/term/146

Why would GT warrantee a Raleigh frame? :huh:

Sorry man, misread the post after a long night of studying! Doesn't really make a difference though.

It's amazing how half hearted people read stuff and then feel the need to comment, for what reason, just to sound like an expert again ?As greatwhite said, "now that I have that out of my system"I doubt that the frame will be warranted if the seatpost was beyond max.That repair will also not be worth it.When was the bike bought ?

It's also amazing how some people love to point out other people's minor errors and accuse them of all sorts of other things when the stupid little detail actually has nothing to do with the main issue. And just for you - I know a good deal about cracked frames after breaking mine earlier this year and doing loads of research.

Thank you all :( . Bottom-line, ... the new racing bike is more important

Thats understandable.

That MTB can be saved. Push in the seat post as normal. Drill a hole through the seat tube and post and push through a bolt.

Guest Big H

Thats understandable.

That MTB can be saved. Push in the seat post as normal. Drill a hole through the seat tube and post and push through a bolt.

Will you just not create another weak point in an already stressed frame seeing that it is the incorrect sizing??????

Ek stel voor jy kry erens 'n tweedehandse raam wat jou pas. Dit gaan die goedkoopste uitwerk. Baie fietse wat opgegradeer word met ligter rame se ou rame is nog in goeie kondisie. En die swaarder,goedkoper Ali rame is nogal sterk, so jy kan met meer gemoedsrus dit koop as die 2de handse weight weenie rame.

And just for you - I know a good deal about cracked frames after breaking mine earlier this year and doing loads of research.

I have broken more than one, guess I should also know a bit then, but I know a Raleigh is not a GT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://ic2.pbase.com/o4/95/398095/1/55963204.ROFLMAO.jpg

Seems the clamp and everything broke off it that still attatched to the seatpost? If so please post a picture

Sorted, well I sourced a second-hand frame. :rolleyes: Googled Namib frame and thehubsa popped back with an earlier thread from backwheelbandit. After a brief e-mail burst I am now the proud owner of a LARGE Namib frame (One extreme to the other B) )Will get my LBS to switch over the components, yah, yah, I know I should do it myself, but it needs a service anyway.

Again, thank you to all for you suggestions and help. :D