Where to buy protective gear?

Edwin Watson

Hey guys

At the end of the month I am importing a thing called a freebord,it looks like a skateboard but you can carve like on a snowboard. 15 second video of it in action can be found here

I am looking for protective gear like Elbow and shin pads as well as a BMX Helmets. I really don't mind whether they are for skateboarding or for MTBing I am just wanting to find out where I can buy protective gear from.

Where locally can I buy this gear and how much is it? Should I rather buy the protective gear from CRC and add the customs tax onto it? The only problem is the high custom duties on protective gear :(

Any help well be appreciated ;)

You are so going to see your arse on that thing B)

Ye I know :D hence the reason I want to buy all the protective gear now before I order it :)

If I cant get any,I am going to have some nice war scares :P and no movement for a few weeks :(

Ye I know :D hence the reason I want to buy all the protective gear now before I order it :)

If I cant get any,I am going to have some nice war scares :P and no movement for a few weeks :(

Chicks dig scars dude ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate

crc have the best products around at the best prices...

i have used them personally and for clients who are tired of writing cheques their bodies' can't cash

i use 661, THE, and alpinestars for both jumping and downhill sk8ing, and i cover up on the trails aswell, cos i can only ride technical in clarens...ye ye...most of down hereride with flats cos ur goin 2 bail more than once

holytornado Leet22: u reckon they finally coming right?? hotdamntime someone broad banded variety in this country.

Just get yourself some proper skate pads. And some nice thick leather gardening/welding gloves. Skate pads have a lot more padding and security. I know i used to race downhill(sk8). You pretty much learn that everytime you fall, just land on your knees first. The pads, esp the vert ramp style ones are so solid and padded that you dont hurt at all, and will slide down the hill. Usually into the curb, but thats ok.

holytornado Leet22: u reckon they finally coming right?? hotdamntime someone broad banded variety in this country.

They got some stuff in already but I read they bringing more in. Have a search on the hub or drop CWC a mail and tell them what u want , they said it should be here in a week or 2 :o

If you ever in Cpt, Action Cycles stocks a few items, but Recycle in Bellville had quite a few items, bought my wife's TLD kneepads there.

Very reasonably priced.

also try CNR SURFSHOP in cape town... they got me my sector9 slide gloves

delivrred in 2 days

as for bliseming the ground , invest in padded shorts like ixs 661 or alpinestars