Weight of bicycles - Catalogue!!!

American Flyers

Hi, my name is Trispoke, and I am a weight weenie.

I wish I could say that I have been thinking in a sober way about the weight of my bike, but no such luck.

I am on the road to recovery though...

Hi' date=' my name is Trispoke, and I am a weight weenie.I wish I could say that I have been thinking in a sober way about the weight of my bike, but no such luck.I am on the road to recovery though...[/quote']

buy a steel bike

Hi' date=' my name is Trispoke, and I am a weight weenie.I wish I could say that I have been thinking in a sober way about the weight of my bike, but no such luck.I am on the road to recovery though...[/quote']

buy a steel bike

Quit cold turkey! Shocked

A lot of bikes get distributed in one form (or with one spec) and then the components change. A few years ago you could get a lot of bikes in europe with compact cranks, but those same models were available with ultegra normal cranks in SA.

Besides Christo, all bike manufacturers give a full spec of components on their websites, literature. you should be looking at the quality rather than the weight of this stuff... and checking that they haven't 'down graded' components.. eg Dura-ace levers and crank set, rest is ultegra or 105.........or swopping out the wheels for Shimano WHR550 Confused or Mavic Aksium Confused

Embarrassed I will worry about losing the weight on my bike when I have lost the 5 - 10 kg on me, then worry aout the 100grams here and there, Cry

What about Giant' date=' Felt and others?[/quote']

...what about them hmmmm???Evil%20Smile

Quoting ORCA:

Orbea doesThumbs%20Up...

Wink

want me to send you a catalogue?LOLWink

There is so much variabilty in the manufacture of components and frames, the bike brands would be defending all sorts of claims of false advertising against them from anyone with a half accurate scale.

Besides, the vast majority of advertised weights of components are wrong. Look at weightweenies to see the % difference between claimed weight and actual weight. There are often heated debates about this subject on thier forums.

There are a few manufacturers that are notorius for giving MUCH lighter weights for thier products. Its all about marketing...