Garmin Edge 500 with SportTracks and Mapsource

Tankman

I am just loving all the functions on the Edge 500!

3 bikes already setup, each with their own cadence/speed sensors - thatch just awesome!

And it looks quite cool, I got the natural colour one, the standard blue one clashed with my bike!

Need some help with the software though?

Upgraded the Edge to 2.4 firmware.

Installed the lateste versions of Garmin Communicator and Web Updater.

Upgraded Sports Track to 3.0

Upgraded Mapsource to 6.16

And I still can not get training history directly imported into Sports Track.

Is there a way to do this without exporting a .TCX file from Training Center and then importing it into SportTracks? I dont like and dont really use Training Center.

Same with Mapsource, the software sees my device but doent import any tracks or data?

Cant find a solution on SportTracks forum eiter, Weight Weenie?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - quite simple:

- plug in Edge

- select import on ST3

- click the folder option

- browse to \Garmin\Activities folder on your edge and multi select the various .fit files

Cool, thanks Maddox, hopefully soon some clever programmer at SportTrack will automate this process!

And MapSource? I like storing all my cool routes and races there, would still want to do so :blink:

did you install the garmin usb driver, i have the 305 and sometimes i need to re install the driver. dont know if you have the same issue.

No idea about Mapsource.. But what exactly are you doing with it anyway? If I want to add a route I just do it in ST? How much better is mapsource?

Thanks Gman, I updated the USB drivers but still get the same error message in Mapsource:

post-4352-008741700 1281686326.jpg

So MapSource see it, and know its there but is not communicating. And no you can not change the setting on the Egde 500 anywhere so that it is not seen as an external drive, I checked every setting possible :o

No idea about Mapsource.. But what exactly are you doing with it anyway? If I want to add a route I just do it in ST? How much better is mapsource?

Route profiles in MapSource is much nicer than ST. Plus I save all race routes, mtb tracks, in a separate profile so its is easy to find if you quickly want info on a ride. With ST you have to go to that specific date to find your ride?

I like your idea with Mapsource. nice and clear.

i assume you have gStart also installed.

Can you comminicate with Garmin Training center?

I'm pretty much in the same boat with ST, I installed 3.0 last night so haven't tried it with the 500 yet (also did the TC export and import to ST irritating process).

Was hoping for that 'auto' option but thanks maddox for the tip. Riding tomorrow so will test it then .....

Hi Tankman

This is a very frustrating thing about Mapsource. The only way to do it is to convert the garmin gps file and then import it into Mapsource.

Have a look at TCX Converter (www.teambikeolympo.it/TCXConverter/...TCX_Converter/TCX_Converter_ENG.html)

I'm pretty much in the same boat with ST, I installed 3.0 last night so haven't tried it with the 500 yet (also did the TC export and import to ST irritating process).

Was hoping for that 'auto' option but thanks maddox for the tip. Riding tomorrow so will test it then .....

were did you get ST 3.0. on the website it shows coming soon!!

You can export the routes from Training Centre to Mapsource.

To do that you need to save the route as a .gpx file, and then import into Mapsource.

But how do I get ST3, I'm still on 2.1 and the download section reckons that 3 is only being offered to selected customers :blink: