Gold Rims

Marius

Hi Guys,

Were does one go if you are looking for Gold Mtb V-brake spesifiec rims? I see lots of Gold hubs, ChrisKing, Indusrty9, Hadley and Hope, but the bling bling Rims seems a bit harder to come by.

I've looked at Chainreaction, JensonUSA and PricePoint with no luck, what am I missing?Embarrassed

thx, will email Johan just now, just thought Johan would be to old school building with Gold rimsLOL

Just don't ask him for gold alloy nipples.

From his website:

"Should you want aluminium nipples, I?ll discourage you. Although they

are as durable in use as brass nipples, they are difficult to build

with and easily shear off when tensioning the wheel. They?re especially

vulnerable later on when you want to true a wheel and some dirt has

penetrated the thread area. If you want to loose weight, eat less, but

if you?ve done that and you really want aluminium nipples, I?ll charge

you more and make you stand next to me to share the suffering of

tensioning the right hand spokes in a rear wheels with nipples that

shear."

yeah, that's the one, the guy I saw this weekend had a set of those, well it had FRM Hubbs, DT Spokes and ZTR Rims..I'll see if I can google some mor einfo on them, thx TI!

got a lovely set of gold lx hubs on my ss. there's also a gold derailleur that's been gathering dust in the lbs. holy roller2007-08-29 01:45:33

Stringbean, you Brand wHore!! Specialized yuppy!!Wink Bling is clearly wasted on you, pansie! But yes, giving up on the idea of gold rims for now, just to damn hard to come by, but I'm not leaving it there. I've ordered some REALLY Funcky Bling Gold Pulley wheels, and I'm spicying things up with some really nifty V's and levers, got some gold bits worked into them, just waiting for stock for now, will post pic's when I get it!!Tongue

LOLLOLif i had one i'd never let it go. but it's given me a great idea: i have the odd battered saddle lying around. so maybe's it's time for a visit to the local haberdashery and then the upholstery peeps in townBig%20smile   

pimp it' date=' maruis! how about a leopard-print seat?[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL

...and while you're at it...why not put your name on your frame in diamonds!Wink

thx' date=' will email Johan just now, just thought Johan would be to old school building with Gold rimsLOL[/quote']

Hey, watchit! What do you think I keep a pair of Polaroid sunglasses next to my truing stand for? For helping out guys like you of course.

DRC's local importer doesn't bring in anything other than silver and black. I've already asked. I'm out of favour with them at the moment as well, since I ended up in an argument with the company's owner who told me that they wont bring in double-butted SAPIM spokes because "mountain biking generates too much heat for double-butted to tolerate."

I'm still looking for that elusive gold rim of yours. I'm now thinking, that since you're such a bling-bling slave, we should just strip the paint off a set of black rims and have them anodised. However, you'll have to build with non-socketed (eyeletted) rims and they just don't last that long.

Then again, you only want these for slowly riding to your local hip-hop gathering and you won't be doing high miles on them.

thx for all the trouble you went thou trying to help Johan. But I?ll be using them for racing, the chap I saw with the Gold ZTR?s actually broke his rim during the race, so now I don?t know if bling wheels are really all that great if thy come at that cost. Hopefully someone will be bringing out a set soon at a good price and strong enough, why can?t DT Swiss do it..Cry<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />