New to biking

NBG

As the guys say:

Nothern Farms - I intend to join Ian's group - hopefully this Sunday

or

The MTN Bike Park in Bryanston - if you can get some friends/family to go (they don't have to be cyclists) - they can chill on the deck/grass and drink Seattle Coffee and then you can ride (with some of them if they have bikes) - there are easy trails, and this is a 'fun' way to spend some time and enjoy your new sport.

There is the Spruit (but you need a group) - I haven't been there for a long while, but you can ride from Bryanston to Emerentia Dam (or any portion you want - just don't go without a group.

http://http//www.silverbacklab.com/2011_specs/rosie.jpghi new bike girl

lovely to hear youve decided to pedal your way to your goals

the most important thing is to rekindle the fun... after that the km's come and then the fitness, and only then alittle skill.

regarding the eina you're encountering, the best solution is change your body geometry to a more upright one. the race snakes and like minded wheel watchers will tell you the samething, the differrece is that physically your body wont work like theirs. the other thing is that by moving upright more of your core, plus your bum, and your inner thigh start to work as well as your legs. correct me if i'm wrong but aren't those a girls' nightmare bits to control. also by sitting upright your center of gravity shifts from your knees to a point under your bum diminishing stress on the knees and subsequent related body pivots where you are presently getting sore.

have a look at the new silverback range of cruisers or a giant simple 7

relaxed geometry , affordable , and EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE and STRONG.

pm me for mail and tel no. if i must get you one. i deliver to your door.hav a small lbs that focuses on bikes for people who don't race but do ride

as for your neighbourhood there's plenty of flats on one side of ontdekkers and the other side has some monsterhills

stick to the flats for now and as you feel stronger so hit the hills. maybe down to the lake and round and then back, or why not ride side street to westgate and back.

enjoy riding

joe moer

Hi New Bike Girl,

I am also new or wanna be new ... just trying to keep up with my kids really but ... I still have to find me a bike - but alas budget means it has to be second hand cheapie at this stage - just battling to even find something that is XS (this I am told is the right size for me ... 1.5m "short")

I love the way that people are so friendly and have seen from your thread today that they just encourage new joiners ... how refreshing having in the past been involved on the horse side where things are so snotty !!

I am in Durbs - but will see you on the blog.

cheers

Hi New Bike Girl,

I am also new or wanna be new ... just trying to keep up with my kids really but ... I still have to find me a bike - but alas budget means it has to be second hand cheapie at this stage - just battling to even find something that is XS (this I am told is the right size for me ... 1.5m "short")

I love the way that people are so friendly and have seen from your thread today that they just encourage new joiners ... how refreshing having in the past been involved on the horse side where things are so snotty !!

I am in Durbs - but will see you on the blog.

cheers

Just saw this, its Recomended retail price is R3300 and looks totally wicked

http://www.specialized-sa.co.za/experience.php?cat=211

well its the base version of that bike for 3.3.

But the frame alone is worth it. The menu on the right, choose the plain hardrock

well its the base version of that bike for 3.3.

But the frame alone is worth it. The menu on the right, choose the plain hardrock

The Hardrock and the Rockhopper are two very different beasts.

oh yeah my bad, wrong link, still a good bike to start on if you dont have the cash.

Oh wait not my bad, its the freaking link that defaults to the rockhopper instead of the hardrock.