Please help this novice

Horseman

I am a 45 yr complete novice and would like any help possible. Bought a bike on the 1st of April and have done the following races thus far, Bela Bela 2:53, the Kremetart 5:50, the Carousel 3:28 and the Lost City 3:15. How does these times compare and where from here?

Any training programs and any other info available? Please help!Confused

Eish, you may need to be more specific.  In general, join a club, ride in a group and talk to a number of experienced cyclists (don't believe what they say, just listen for good humour).  Decide what you want from cycling and find some like-minded people to share that with.

hey Horseman

Firstly welcome to the hub!!!! This is a great place to do exactly what you did, get some valuable (and sometimes not so valuable) advice from likeminded cyclist!!

Geez for someone who has only been riding since April I'd say those times are pretty impressive!!! Some of us who have been riding for much longer than that would kill for those times, me being one of them!!!

There is lots of info and training advice and stuff available and everyone has there own ideas of what the best way is to do things. the best thing to do is hang around, as these discussions come up all the time and you pick up very valuable info. Else PM guys like Bikemax or Jellytot, they are the expert trainers!!! Or do a search on some topics.

Once again welcome to the hub!!!!Thumbs%20Up

amateur2007-08-28 14:23:39

I am a 45 yr complete novice and would like any help possible. Bought a bike on the 1st of April and have done the following races thus far' date=' Bela Bela 2:53, the Kremetart 5:50, the Carousel 3:28 and the Lost City 3:15. How does these times compare and where from here?

[/quote']

The MOST important thing is to buy yourself one of these ASAP!

20070828_151423_Knysna_076.jpg

Wink

i agree with amateur. this novice should be helping us out. welcome to the hub horsey one! holy roller2007-08-28 21:17:24

i agree with amateur. this novice should be helping us out. welcome to the hub horsey one!

Yea Welcome Horseman you will get some good info hear just ask and the will tell you. BTW sounds like your new machine really got some HORSE POWER jis likes WinkWink

hmmm, a not so slow novice, the man moves already! My posiiton on the seeding ladder is in danger! First theHUb, clubs, the web , if you're into HR training, attend the Polar workshops, and then theres the coaches on here! Welcome horseman, shouldn't there be 3 more!

I am a 45 yr complete novice and would like any help possible. Bought a bike on the 1st of April and have done the following races thus far' date=' Bela Bela 2:53, the Kremetart 5:50, the Carousel 3:28 and the Lost City 3:15. How does these times compare and where from here?

?

[/quote']

?

?

The MOST important thing is to buy yourself one of these ASAP!

?

20070828_151423_Knysna_076.jpg

?

Wink

?

?

?

absolutely. Get over to the dark side ASAP. Variety is the spice of life. TO be only a roadie will eventually lead to tunnel vision and (performance)drug addiction. Get out of the habit of talking about your race times, it is so unbecoming. If you are not an elite rider you are not racing but riding. Rather think of having had a great ride. KonaFan2007-08-29 04:46:52

hmmm' date=' a not so slow novice, the man moves already! My posiiton on the seeding ladder is in danger! First theHUb, clubs, the web , if you're into HR training, attend the Polar workshops, and then theres the coaches on here! Welcome horseman, shouldn't there be 3 more![/quote']

yeah, which one are you: war, famine, pestilence or death?

maybe you shud have your championchip checked :) think its faulty

You sound jealous slowjoe - maybe you should have your bike checked! I think it could be Felty ... I mean faulty LOL

Hey thanks for the welcome  and advice, you guys make me feel proud to be a cyclist and a South African!!!!!Big%20smile Big%20smile

Where else in this world will you get this kind of camaraderie??????

People looking out for each other.....GREAT!!!!!!Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

Horse man good advice PM stands for Private message.So PM KAKAAA he is one PRO (Proffetional) bike rider and and a PRO trainer you can find him at members and ask him for the full training fhing.It includes bike setups training program and much more VERY good advice and hope too c u soon on the next hub ride

Yup Horseman not bad for a 45 year old novice.

Get involved in a club. Most clubs have a coach who works out programmes and training schedules for specific races which are comming up.

Clubs allow you to always have people to ride with and decent club members will never leave you behind. There are other advantages one being getting yourself a license should you now wish to be seeded according to your ability.

But most importantly enjoy the ride, take at least one race to stop along the way for a sleep under a bush or a chat with some of the spectators, makes for a wonderful day.