Anthem to Zula any thoughts

wapad

BTW took my Anthem out for the first time yesterday, and it was awesome :) Even better than i expected. Now i just need to hijack my bro's zula to compare the rides.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking around the same few frames over the last few days.My lbs has had all 3 over the last week so i can give you the following info.

Zula size L 2780g price between 13-16K depending where you shop.

Giant anthem x M 2350g around 11/12K

Blurxc M 2001g price around 24K.

As always prices are not cast in stone as i think most shops will do a deal.

All good bikes and good suspension IMO.

Best looking by far-Blur.

Most value for money-Anthem x.

ALL get good rating in the mags.

Made my choice,building her tomorrow.

(I would choose any of these above a epic any day.epic 2010 M 2300g price around 35K)Yes same weight as a ally giant and 20K more. :(

Been thinking around the same few frames over the last few days.My lbs has had all 3 over the last week so i can give you the following info.

Zula size L 2780g price between 13-16K depending where you shop.

Giant anthem x M 2350g around 11/12K

Blurxc M 2001g price around 24K.

As always prices are not cast in stone as i think most shops will do a deal.

All good bikes and good suspension IMO.

Best looking by far-Blur.

Most value for money-Anthem x.

ALL get good rating in the mags.

Made my choice,building her tomorrow.

(I would choose any of these above a epic any day.epic 2010 M 2300g price around 35K)Yes same weight as a ally giant and 20K more. :(

Go with the Santa Cruz, you wont be dissapoited if money aint the issue :)

Already done :D just waiting to get round to building her.That said the giant x is still a great ride with great reviews and the 2011 line looks wicked AND they are one of the few brands that the prices are dropping for next year.

Already done :D just waiting to get round to building her.That said the giant x is still a great ride with great reviews and the 2011 line looks wicked AND they are one of the few brands that the prices are dropping for next year.

blur? nice one......post sum pics huh?

Thanks wapad weighs 11.96

wheels and tyres really push the weight as do my dumbell pedals and bar ends :D

Its not a lightweight build by any standards using XT brakes, wheels etc

If you want to go for a light weight build you should be to come in at or just under 10kgs

The tyres are 800g each and XT's are about 1680g so quite alot of weight available to save with a lighter XC set up (will look at this once I get some money)

Basic spec of bits as follows

I had the XT brakes and wheels already so used them to save a bit of money along with grips bar ends and saddle.

I stuck to XT for cassette crank and chain

Discs used XTR 180 and 160

Shifters F&R derailure's cables XTR

Seat post and bars Ritchey WCS carbon

Stem Ritchey WCS 4 axis

Monarch 3.3 and Fox FRL 100

Just checked now Santa Cruz list their XTR SL build at 21.6 lbs with a fox F100 which is about 9.8kg's not bad for a dual susp :)

So mine is a heavy build :(

I have one of the original 2006 Anthem frames, with RP23 shock. I was on a serious mission last year to upgrade the frame and eventually (after lots of ride before you buy) realised that it would all be a waste of money. For my sluggish type of riding style I had to be honest with myself that I could not feel any significant improvement in speed or comfort or stability. And the frame has been reliable for the last few years. Better the devil I know.

just out of interest I run xt with the geax sagauro front and back they roll really niceley I think my set comes in at about 3.9 kg with xt discs

I would be interested once she is fully setup on a good and bads of the bike but if the chassis is good the engine can perform I'm between the the blur the zula and maybe the giant carbon

I dont suppose you managed a test ride before you bought it would be a giant leap of faith not to

I have one of the original 2006 Anthem frames, with RP23 shock. I was on a serious mission last year to upgrade the frame and eventually (after lots of ride before you buy) realised that it would all be a waste of money. For my sluggish type of riding style I had to be honest with myself that I could not feel any significant improvement in speed or comfort or stability. And the frame has been reliable for the last few years. Better the devil I know.

definitely understand that I love my Anthem but I would like more relaxed head angle my bike is fast. I was doing Welvan pas with a mate he was on a trance in 10 secs of freewheel i am gone but the bike is a touch twitchy and has a few creaks

I did a full service last year it cost 4 grand + and I promise you the parts fitted into a small sandwich bag plus there is a small bling factor my frame looks a little tired

but appreciate the feedback its been great

Not the expert, but took my new shiny 2010 anthem X out on the trail for the first time this weekend and WOW, smooth, fast, incredible sharp steering cant wait to go out agian :)