The 3de most obese country!

PRO-beerder

Good for you! Don't worry about the scale - go for the measurements and dress sizes. I'm up to 80kg from 76 since I started MTBing, but all my clothes fit the same, if not a bit more loosely - go figure...

Long rides on weekends will burn fat, provided you keep within your "fat burning zone".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully agree Edman - the whole BMI thing is a load of crap. Especially for us taller guys.

If it is purely based on length and weight - its flawed.

Your body fat % and muscle mass needs to be taken into account

I agree aswell.. but you dont have to be tall for it to be scewed... im 5'9 ish and 76kg. my BMI i think is like 25?? which makes me borderling overweight? i carry little fat, and am not bulky muscular wise, but am strongly built.. i think the problem with BMI is muscle mass? if you carry a bit of muscle the scale is badly scewed..

hahaha, shock horror my BMI is 25.2!!! My better half reckons I should stop riding because next time I lift my arms, I might just fall through my own a.shole! :lol: :lol:

This is what most peeps think they should do.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XtxktcVHvGo/RmfLYpm8dGI/AAAAAAAAAAc/CXqqp_uDAEk/s200/chopper_desktop_A_1024x768.jpg

My advice, spend some money on a good dietitian, let them get you to eat correctly, your body will transform and it would have been worth it.

The hardest part is discipline.