Last week - You do not own the road

gato

Gato, well said....

Ash has no proof....so I would say forget about it and move on. Enjoy your cycling.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I can just see a gang of latex claded roadies waiting to jump ASH at Mc Donnalds.

Armed with chain whips and bicycle pumps! :lol:

Gato It is this type of response that don't win any friends for us cyclists. This guy already worries about the reaction of the guys on the road when he confronted them. And as part of a clubs exco this is not the correct type of response to complaints. If your club were at fault or percieved to be at fault rather speak to the club members and also maybe send some of your exco members to observe what is happening. Probably if the exco members are riding with the group they behave and as soon as they on their own thay don't give a damn.

Gato, well said....

Ash has no proof....so I would say forget about it and move on. Enjoy your cycling.

Im not taking anyones sides here, but there is obviously an issue, I dont think the chap would have said something in the first place. The fact he knows so much, also not good that some big guy is threatning the bloke as well. Either way thtas definatly not on.

However he should take the time to meet up with yourself and the club chairmen to sort out the matter, possibly at a neutral meeting place - He has already been threatend and feels intimidated.

Why he doesnt also just post the pics up here?

Just my 2c ;)

Because he did not have decency to contact the club and do it the proper way....why go and confront the cyclist while on the ride?

Surely Gato can PM ASH his email address?

No need to meet. It's the electronic age.

And ASH can stay anonymous.

And no one gets smeared publicly...

Everyone wins.

IanC , thanks a millon for your reply and I acknowledge that my response may have been harsh. I have been trying for a week now to meet with this guy(ASH). He doesn't bother to respond to the posts on the HUB and instead goes out like a PI and takes pics of my fellow club members.I appealed to him to meet with me 'ALONE' - man to man , which in my opinion was the right thing to do as far as a member of the clubs Exco goes.I was then going to take that evidence to the club members and get the club's chairman to address it with those individuals. Did I go about that the wrong way ?

We all know that when the Exco are with the members on a ride , the rules of the road are most likely to be obeyed because the Exco normally enforces the 'safety-first' policy.Please don't get me wrong , I am not saying that our members are innocent victims who never ever ride more than 2 abreast and I'm sure every club out there has had words with their members about road safety.

You see what ASH doesn't realise is that this past weekend I paid a visit to the person with whom our members had a run in with on that section of road. ASH is not that individual !! That matter has long been forgotten.In fact the gentleman admitted that he can hardly recall what happend that day because he was a little under the weather that day.

So ASH , again , as a concerned Exco member of ESMERO cycling club , I am appealing to you to please meet with me and show me your evidence.

Because he did not have decency to contact the club and do it the proper way....why go and confront the cyclist while on the ride?

Why not, that makes no sense. :huh: There is also no need to threaten someone, this has clearly taken place - I doubt the guy went around threatning these riders. It says a lot :rolleyes:

Maybe these are the guys ash is scared of. I reckon together they weigh

100kgs!

Ugly stuff indeed!

post-2652-045492800 1285236610.jpg

Fully kitted maybe! Where was this pic taken?

Surely Gato can PM ASH his email address?

No need to meet. It's the electronic age.

And ASH can stay anonymous.

And no one gets smeared publicly...

Everyone wins.

+1

Why not, that makes no sense. :huh: There is also no need to threaten someone, this has clearly taken place - I doubt the guy went around threatning these riders. It says a lot :rolleyes:

Will you confront the bus driver or just report him? Or the taxi driver ?

Come on...