Difference between 32GI and USN Epic Pro

Blackadder

If only one can get some....... :thumbdown:

Gauteng....impossible!

D.I.M. Morningside Shopping Centre. PITA to get there, but worth it when you're in the middle of some race somewhere...

2. E122 – carmoisine. E122 is a synthetic red dye that’s used as a colouring in many foods. Already banned in several countries, including Norway, Japan, America and Sweden, this colouring is found in products such as sweets, yogurts, packet soup, jelly and jam. It has been positively linked to hyperactivity in children and the UK government recommend that children may be better avoiding it, but it can also cause allergic reactions in adults too.

3. E129 – allura red. E129 is a red or orange like synthetic dye which is used as a food colouring in drinks and sweets. As well as being linked to hyperactive behaviour in children, it may also cause allergic skin reactions in adults, especially anyone sensitive to aspirin. It’s worth noting that E129 has already been banned in many countries, including France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Norway and Sweden.

Thanks for the insight! I wonder how many of the other also use these but just don't list them :huh:

D.I.M. Morningside Shopping Centre. PITA to get there, but worth it when you're in the middle of some race somewhere...

price?

2. E122 – carmoisine. E122 is a synthetic red dye that’s used as a colouring in many foods. Already banned in several countries, including Norway, Japan, America and Sweden, this colouring is found in products such as sweets, yogurts, packet soup, jelly and jam. It has been positively linked to hyperactivity in children and the UK government recommend that children may be better avoiding it, but it can also cause allergic reactions in adults too.

3. E129 – allura red. E129 is a red or orange like synthetic dye which is used as a food colouring in drinks and sweets. As well as being linked to hyperactive behaviour in children, it may also cause allergic skin reactions in adults, especially anyone sensitive to aspirin. It’s worth noting that E129 has already been banned in many countries, including France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Norway and Sweden.

very interesting

i better stop drinking this before i ride 'Le Tour :ph34r:

Personally I'm just looking for the energy drink with the most steroids in, that I can buy over the counter. That works best for me, and also gives the best results. Everytime :ph34r: :whistling:

Anyone else get hot flushes after drinking epic pro? When I've used it as a recovery drink, i.e. downing it, I've experienced a strange warmth in my face. I've heard its from one of the ingredients.

Keep an eye out fellas!

There will be a new product launching soon. Cant say too much now but it will be released to Hubbers first!

Will keep you updated.

• 4 years later...

Its a concern, but I would not overstate it. E numbers simply mean they have been approved for human consumption by the European Union Food Safety Authority. Some of the colourants used by 32GI (E122 and E129) are quite controversial though.

Hi E numbers are artificial ingredients, Yes it has been approved for Human usage but it is far from ideal in any form of food especially Nutrition. The Epic Pro and all USN Purefit products does not use any artificial ingredient to make it as easy as possible for you body to absorb what it needs. 

Thanks 

Anyone know how the relative GI's of cadance marathon, Epic Pro and 32GI stack up?

The Gi levels are very similar but that is not all you must look at. Epic pro consists of 4 different carbs and 2 different proteins that are designed to give you energy at specific time of a training ride or event to keep you feeling strong. Cadence is very similar formulation to Epic Pro but 32gi consists of two carbs and one basic protein. 

Thanks 

Anyone else get hot flushes after drinking epic pro? When I've used it as a recovery drink, i.e. downing it, I've experienced a strange warmth in my face. I've heard its from one of the ingredients.

This feeling or sensation come from beta-Allanine. This is a transport system for BCAA amino acids and protein. It will give you a tingling sensation. The ingredient take the protein to the muscle that need it most at that time.