Ideal Weekend Getaway

Sammajoor

Off to the farm myself tommorow for 3 nights, can't wait !!! Anton, wanneer het jy gese kom jy en H weer :D :D :clap:

Edited by baie-sukkel

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait!

Four nights coming up starting Wednesday! I'm sure the kids are going to love it too!

Can't wait!

Four nights coming up starting Wednesday! I'm sure the kids are going to love it too!

I am sure that you folks will have a blast,the bushveld is very pretty and a lovely area to cycle in.Enjoy !! Wish I could go for 4 nights now, but I need to work. :(

Here we are" baie-sukkel" to the right, and "bietjie-sukkel" to the left :D

post-2571-0-56387400-1292254213.jpg

Edited by baie-sukkel

Thanks baie sukkel - that was an awesome four nights for nine of us, but not for one that doesn't do 'goggas'! At least nine of us will be back!

The frogs' choir after the rain was exceptional - we've never heard anything like it, and it will stay in our memories! Not knowing anything about frogs, there were at least five types, with the bullfrogs kicking in later.

The night sky was phenomenal of course, watching Orion rise with Sirius and Canopus, while watching the seven sisters and the square of pegasus on the other side of the sky. Later in the evening, the twins, Castor and Pollux began to rise, to the south of Capella in Auriga, which I haven't seen in a long time!

The bonus for roadies is that the R49 looks superb - I'll bring my cyclocross bike next time instead to take advantage of it all!

Highly recommended family lodge!

PS the donkey didn't even need to be fed much!

---

The vlei we crawled through stalking eland, but meeting wildebeest instead!post-14611-0-72221200-1292830287.jpg

Night game cycling (I really need a magicshine for Christmas!)

post-14611-0-91889500-1292830270.jpg

My commuter, do-anything bike silhouette just before a night cycle

post-14611-0-72948900-1292830260.jpg

Looking northeast

post-14611-0-60859600-1292830243.jpg

Does anyone know of a good last minute holiday website that is South African based to look at ? I know of Last Minute.com, but its not a locally basd site. im trying to find a midweek break or something along those lines.

"The bonus for roadies is that the R49 looks superb - I'll bring my cyclocross bike next time instead to take advantage of it all!"

Thanks so much for your visit to the farm,glad you all enjoyed it. BTW thanks for all the rain you and your family brought with.............my gosh 114 mm overnight and it filled all 3 dams overnight. So please do come again soon as we always can do with rain.

You mentioned the R49 ( Mafikeng raod) I have cycled( road bike) that road many times and it's really fantastic as it have a very broad shoulder and motorist passes you on the other side of the road..............really magic !!!

Also thank you for your pictures, looks great, I hope your little doggy also had a good time ?

See you soon !!

Also thank you for your pictures, looks great, I hope your little doggy also had a good time ?

Pleasure. That little brak ran about 50Km next to us over the four days! She's indefatigable, maybe because she's a mongrel? She also had no problems jumping into the dams to cool down!

Noteworthy was an absence of mosquitos and gnats!!!

Looks like you guys all had a great time there as well. Im keen to head back some time soon, and see what its like now that the dams are full. Maybe some time in Feb...

Here are a few more pics from our weekend there:

post-133-0-17942500-1293010290.jpg

post-133-0-28092100-1293010298.jpg

post-133-0-77542600-1293010311.jpg

post-133-0-04713500-1293010321.jpg

post-133-0-45055300-1293010378.jpg

Edited by Zaskar

And then it was my turn... a good getaway means not seeing any other people, just wild animals and handlebars! thanks gustav

post-13570-0-80165800-1293108388.jpg

Edited by Purnjap

And then it was my turn... a good getaway means not seeing any other people, just wild animals and handlebars! thanks gustav

Is that a bit of early morning fog I see there on the water Chris ? Thanks so much for your visit, next time please come a bit longer,as you have some more sun tanning to do :D . Merry X-Mas all !!

Empty the one day, full the next day from a massive thunderstorm 114 mm in one evening, thanks to GuyP and family for bringing the rain with from Pta :D This dam is really good for swimming, yes "kaalgat" swimming too, the farmstyle way :D Looking fwd seeing you hubbers there !!

post-2571-0-14595200-1293556035.jpgpost-2571-0-66548400-1293555894.jpg