CSA Licencing

levett

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Please remember if you join Roag for the R50(proposed), they are not affiliated to CGC (Central Gauteng Cycling). You need to affiliate with them too for R75. CSA will only issue your license if you or your club is affiliated with CGC. THIS IS ONLY IF YOU RESIDE IN GAUTENG!

If you reside elsewhere and join Roag for R50(proposed) You just have to join CSA as a member.

This is why a lot of people did not get their licenses.

Edited by TNOSE_E

Cheapest option to take part in Funrides/races in the future for individuals?

CSA license = R75-00

ROAG club membership = R50-00

Looks like R 125-00 a year atm. This is reasonable I think. I would want to see family discount options as well though.

Now this is what I would want CSA to do for us in return for the money paid to them:

1. Get a countrywide central database of cyclists.

2. Get a standard system and fee for all online entry companies. Preferably, I would want them to administer this, or outsource to a single 3rd party, because I don't want to register my credit card deatils with 10 unknown event companies and/or online entry companies that have doubtful security measures ...

3. Have a standardized, universal chip system in place for timing purposes, so that no matter where or from whom I buy a chip, it should be able to be used at any event.

4. Universal access to ALL results of ALL events for ALL CSA members !

If I have left something out, please add. These measures should do a lot to lower the costs of admin and event entry fees, which should be to the benefit of all members. Then only shall I feel that they are doing something sensible with all the money they get from us.

For myself & my wife for CSA memberships, plus R350 if we both wanted race licenses(cause we are not allowed to get more then 3 day licenses, also makes sense cost wise)

Are you going to ride Nationals and UCI events?

Cheapest option to take part in Funrides/races in the future for individuals?

CSA license = R75-00

ROAG club membership = R50-00

Looks like R 125-00 a year atm. This is reasonable I think. I would want to see family discount options as well though.

Now this is what I would want CSA to do for us in return for the money paid to them:

1. Get a countrywide central database of cyclists.

2. Get a standard system and fee for all online entry companies. Preferably, I would want them to administer this, or outsource to a single 3rd party, because I don't want to register my credit card deatils with 10 unknown event companies and/or online entry companies that have doubtful security measures ...

3. Have a standardized, universal chip system in place for timing purposes, so that no matter where or from whom I buy a chip, it should be able to be used at any event.

4. Universal access to ALL results of ALL events for ALL CSA members !

If I have left something out, please add. These measures should do a lot to lower the costs of admin and event entry fees, which should be to the benefit of all members. Then only shall I feel that they are doing something sensible with all the money they get from us.

Spot on. BUT remeber the CGC affiliation if you are in Gauteng! Add R75

Oh, Add Number for the year to avoid number collecton to your list.....

Edited by TNOSE_E

Maybe CSA should register as a charity. Then we can claim our DONATION back from the receiver :D

Same goes for all these charity "races". Why can't we get a certificate from them for the donation ?

This will help us save money in the long term.

Are you going to ride Nationals and UCI events?

No, would still work out cheaper having the full licence - Say 1 or 2 races a month @ R35 a time, kinda adds up. Also youre only allowed 3 day licenses according to CSA :unsure:

Spot on. BUT remeber the CGC affiliation if you are in Gauteng! Add R75

Agreed, for cheapest option though, relocate to the WC !

Oh, Add Number for the year to avoid number collecton to your list.....

This is optional though, not?

No, would still work out cheaper having the full licence - Say 1 or 2 races a month @ R35 a time, kinda adds up. Also youre only allowed 3 day licenses according to CSA :unsure:

You do not need to pay R35 an event if you are a CSA Member. Being a CSA member is like having a 2010 Cyclosport license. R75 CSA membership will alow you to race everything exept Nationals and UCI events. No R35 required.

The R35 day license is only if you are not a CSA member and want to enter a CSA sanctioned event.

I still think we need to be moaning at CSA, not on here. Maybe a meeting could be set up somehow with them? So that they could listen to all of us "average" riders concerns. We could elect a Hub chairmen to be the voice of the common cyclist - "The Peoples Voice"

You do not need to pay R35 an event if you are a CSA Member. Being a CSA member is like having a 2010 Cyclosport license. R75 CSA membership will alow you to race everything exept Nationals and UCI events. No R35 required.

The R35 day license is only if you are not a CSA member and want to enter a CSA sanctioned event.

Well see the confusion, I was told I had to buy the full license last year by CSA:angry: - I wonder how many others got caught out

I still think we need to be moaning at CSA, not on here. Maybe a meeting could be set up somehow with them? So that they could listen to all of us "average" riders concerns. We could elect a Hub chairmen to be the voice of the common cyclist - "The Peoples Voice"

They will not listen to you. You have to talk to your club who will raise it at the CSA AGM. Again, you have to belong to a club to have a voice.

I have tried.... My issue is not the R75 but the whole process and what I as an average joe MTB'r get from them (other than confusion).

I met the brick wall.

They might do stuff for Road Racing but that does nothing for me.

One thing that these high licence fees will create is smaller racing groups but the "funrider" groups, A-C, will increase and team racing will just move to there.

That is how I see it as well.

Sad thing for me is that I think there are a lot of potential young riders that are going to fall through the cracks with this....

$$$ instead of talent?

mmmmmmm