Calves

Scalpel2

Thing is, shortish legs and big calves don't exactly look good.

What I have short legs and big calves!!! :blink:

Who said it doesn't look good??????? <_<

Thats genetics im afraid, you'll be stuck with sticks for life. You could get implants :unsure:

Nope, I'm pretty sure most guys can build their calves. But it helps to go to gym to do it, and you might not be able to walk so well for a few days after a proper calf press session. Riding would probably be out of the question during that time.

Nope, I'm pretty sure most guys can build their calves. But it helps to go to gym to do it, and you might not be able to walk so well for a few days after a proper calf press session. Riding would probably be out of the question during that time.

Youre not going to develop big calves from cycling alone, even gym work may not develop them. Thats why some body builders have calf implants, its the same for body builders and there chest muscles. Sometimes no matter what amount of training they do they wont be big enough, so again they go for implants.

Ok. Guys must be pretty desperate to have plastic muscles stuffed into their legs. That is nuts.

I think as far as cycling goes you don't need giant calves. For endurance purposes it's better to have efficient muscles than giant schwarzenegger ones.

Ok. Guys must be pretty desperate to have plastic muscles stuffed into their legs. That is nuts.

I think as far as cycling goes you don't need giant calves. For endurance purposes it's better to have efficient muscles than giant schwarzenegger ones.

Cant argue with it, but the same with cyclists people will do stupid things in the name of their sport - be it drug taking(which occurs in both) and yeah they do the implant thing. If you wanna be the best, well some people will go to any lenghts. Crazy at it seems :o

Check this out - post-13006-026839400 1287689524.jpg & post-13006-017818300 1287689577.jpg - Its big business http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ronharris8.htm

Scalpel load a pic so we can judge for ourselves the extent of your problem.

I have noticed that one of our club riders has moerse big calves as well. He pedals with his feet pointed down throughout the pedal-circle and his calves are always bunched up making them look even more moerse bigger!