Cyclist manners

Grebel

HI to all you cyclists and non cyclists! ;) ;)

greet if you want, dont greet if dont want.

i try to greet most cycles when i pass them. if they dont greet back, i could not care less. not going to change who i am.

when i am having a really tough workout on the bike, no time to greet, need to concentrate, whats on the road and how the body is feeling.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn

Hahahahaha, as boring as your feeble attemps to try and justify why you have no manners :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry just an observation, call it my investigative intellect.

Judging by the response your bike is upwards of R30k, you wear team kit and don't greet ;) I may be wrong though...

Great observation, are you a forensic investigator..........Horatio, is that you :eek:

Judging by the response your bike is upwards of R30k, you wear team kit and don't greet ;) I may be wrong though...

Nope, That's not me. You must have me confused with someone else.

Hahahahaha, as boring as your feeble attemps to try and justify why you have no manners :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry just an observation, call it my investigative intellect.

Dont apologize, its all ok.

Edited by Bbox

I will nod, wave and smile at everyone expect:

1) If you have more tha 2% body fat - I don't greet fatties.

2) You have a bike that has components lower than Ultegra or XT. If you have that Shram or Crampy stuff you can forget about me even acknowledging your purile existence.

3) If your bike is Eyetalian - you carbon loving prima donnas just p!ss me off.

4) Your helmet is on backwards. No more comment needed there.

5) You sweat. I mean WTF? Us real cyclists ride at 60kph with nary a drop flowing off us.

6) You have pro branded clothing on. You wanna be euro pro fun rider posers need to realise your place in the food chain - gruel.

7) You ask the question "what was your Argus time". This will only get you a swift cleat to the bollocks.

8) You overtake me. In which case I'll fake a mechanical and get furiously involved with fixing it - to the point where I don't have time to say hello.

I come from an adventure (motor)bike background. The camaraderie there is great. Greeting, helping.........

I was quite stunned and saddened by the lack of that in this community. Not everybody, but generally there is a lack of "feeling" together.

2) You have a bike that has components lower than Ultegra or XT. If you have that Shram or Crampy stuff you can forget about me even acknowledging your purile existence.

5) You sweat. I mean WTF? Us real cyclists ride at 60kph with nary a drop flowing off us.

6) You have pro branded clothing on. You wanna be euro pro fun rider posers need to realise your place in the food chain - gruel.

7) You ask the question "what was your Argus time". This will only get you a swift cleat to the bollocks.

8) You overtake me. In which case I'll fake a mechanical and get furiously involved with fixing it - to the point where I don't have time to say hello.

:D

Other people

Fixed it for you.

No need to thank.

:)

:thumbup:

Dont apologize, its all ok.

Colnago AND Crampy? For you I'd make an exception - I'd happily shoulder barge you to the side of the road then bar swipe you into a lamp post. F*ckin faux euro eyetie wanna be hackers.

Colnago AND Crampy? For you I'd make an exception - I'd happily shoulder barge you to the side of the road then bar swipe you into a lamp post. F*ckin faux euro eyetie wanna be hackers.

Nice!

In any debate or disagreement there is always one thing we all agree on, and that is that the person who has exhausted all avenues of representing a good argument is a http://www.mydisplayimage.com/blog/premium/anim_wanking.gif

Couple of thoughts:

Mtbers should greet more cuz they're not going very fast; also because they get within kissing distance of each other when passing;

Roadies dont have the same obligation to wave across four lanes of traffic to guys goin the other way - but some of us do sometimes.

Nobody should focus on greeting in traffic; on a potholed road; or when pixies have left crap on your trail.

But people are people (poepol?) & there's a mix. If I said hi 25 times on the Spruit in 15mins, the 26th might be hard to force out.

Enough people say "hi" that i'll say "hi" & the rest are doing whatever they are doing.

uhm, best is not to waste your energy on them if you have greeted and they didn't. When someone don't greet I just think to myself "ah well, f*** them!" My blood pressure didn't go up, my ride is just as relaxed as before and next time I'll remember. And when I happen to pass them, and they need help... I'll return the favour. Go past without looking at them.