Do you sometimes rest your forearms on your bars?

'Dale

I often see the professionals resting their hands

AND

Getting more aero, I guess.

Do you evva do it?

Why?

What's the gain?

Is it risky as it limits your control over the bars?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I often do it on the road and even more on the mtb. Gives a more aero position and a change in sitting position and resting hands or whatever.

P.S. Don't do this on a downhill with a mtb

If there are no wind gusts and the road surface is smooth-ish, it is obviously more stabile.

:blush:

On really long flat sections, it just gives you another position, I do it lots and yes also on the mtb

I used to do that when I was a laaitie. (I had a nice western flyer race bike) Then one day I rubbed my face on the tar a bit. Still got the 'aftermarket' front teeth to prove it. Haven't tried it since. :rolleyes:

Getting in and out of this position, makes me nervous.

Being in it is OK.

The trick is to take the weight slightly off both arms as you get the first arm off that position - if you only unweight one arm as you sit up or go down - the obvious will happen....can get the pucker value up around 7 or 8/10 as your bike dives in the direction of the weighted arm...!

What a dumb question

How long have you been riding a bike?

there are no dumb questions....only dumb answers. 10 people probably learned something from that question.

Apparently using your drops will save 30% of your energy

So they say about tt bikes..I guess it's a lot cheaper just resting your arms that full investment in tt machines..I don't but it

I do and this is where the ugly cables of Shimano comes in handy. You just grab onto then and you feel a bit more stable.