So Camp Magnolia caught up..

AndreZA

I don't think its marketing crap, I think its real innovation. According to those who've ridden with DI2 the gear changes are consistently flawless, far better than with manual shifters.

I reckon this is also why Campag waited a couple of years to release their group. At the very least it has to compete with DI2. You can be sure that Campag were probably one of the first to purchase DI2 groupsets to evaluate and compare.

Velo... i'v got no doubt the product will be superb.... but surely cassettes and deraillers can go..... i mean, the engineering in cycling equipment is beautiful, and briliant, but chains and cogs are archaic.. time for something revolutionary.

Rulhoff hubs have been having it

yes.. i know, but its time they stepped into the big league. With a system that alows for quick wheel changes?

yes.. i know, but its time they stepped into the big league. With a system that alows for quick wheel changes?

Sure, have you seen what the price of a Rohloff hub is - I think Campy electric will be cheaper...

My feeling is that this is all marketing driven crap to make a simple mechanical operation electric.... i wish they would concentrate on real development,,, like internal rear hub gearing, belt drive..... no more chains, deraillers, cassettes.....

imagine...

Most companies need to sell consumables to remain in business. It's normally the higher margin buisness too.

I don't think its marketing crap, I think its real innovation. According to those who've ridden with DI2 the gear changes are consistently flawless, far better than with manual shifters.

Have to agree. I have a friend that has DI2.....he smiles everytime he shifts.... :thumbup:

Why not innovation wrt internal gearing etc?

Weight and $$....