Aftersales for chinese bikes

W@j@

Apparently it depends who you ask .. Taiwanese ppl say Taiwan is not part of china and Chinese ppl say Taiwan IS part of China .. used to work with a Taiwanese person :D

Yep, I'm local Chinese. We got on very well with the Taiwanese until the SA government backstabbed them for a more profitable longterm relationship with the Chinese government. The Taiwanese did loads for the local population. Taiwanese consider themselves Chinese!!! and so do we locals born in South Africa.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it depends who you ask .. Taiwanese ppl say Taiwan is not part of china and Chinese ppl say Taiwan IS part of China .. used to work with a Taiwanese person :D

Where Douglas Green? :o

Which b rings me back to my initial question ..will local bike shop be able to fix chinese no-name bikes?

BH made in Spain

And so are many of the bikes made in Europe...designed in Europe, manufactured in China or Taiwan, frame is sent back and the parts assembled in Europe...presto European brand bike...but of course that's just hearsay.

Never ever buy anything is Made in China.

Nothing wrong with Chinese quality. You tell them what you want them to produce and how much you are willing to spend and they will make it for you.

You get what you pay for.

And so are many of the bikes made in Europe...designed in Europe, manufactured in China or Taiwan, frame is sent back and the parts assembled in Europe...presto European brand bike...but of course that's just hearsay.

Refer to my thread "Where is my bike made". If you import a frame from China to Italy and give it an expensive spray job you can claim it as "made in Italy". As long as your spray job, decals and packaging add 60% to the value.

Only the fake ones ;)

They are probably all fake....

But the more money you spend on something the more you believe that it makes a difference....

You never buy anything besides a wife in China. Neva Eva

But even then it will be mass produced, broken and missing a few screws.

Just to set all your minds at ease

Today, BH has two large manufacturing and assembly facilities in Vitoria and one in Portugal. They also have manufacturing facilities that include CNC laser machining which (in addition to bicycle products) produces the highest end fitness equipment in Europe as well as parts for both BMW and Mercedes Benz.

BH - Mine was made in Spain - never came close to China

Nothing wrong with Chinese quality. You tell them what you want them to produce and how much you are willing to spend and they will make it for you.

You get what you pay for.

Yeah, absolutely correct.

The Chinese make exactly what you ask for, no doubt the specs for these bikes were "make it cheap" so they did, its very simple, dont blame the Chinese manufacturers.

I can assure you Chinese quality is right up there, those Nike shoes or those Levi jeans or any other thousands of well known and respected brands are all manufactured in China, the specs are just higher and the they are made to those standards.