Bicycling Mag - Pull your socks up!

Eldron

I thought I was the only one disliking the magazine, seems not. Now which are the decent MTB magazines one would recommend?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is poor.

I got a subscription from my gf a few months back as a gift.

When it ends, I really won't be renewing. There really isn't enough content to keep me interested.

And now this?

Swak!

:(

Check the next page in the latest issue - DIY Repair Stand - also in another issue about a year ago. Ask for a bigger discount! 2 Articles repeated in the same issue.

ja, I though I'd seen that before, though I was losing it......

Check the next page in the latest issue - DIY Repair Stand - also in another issue about a year ago. Ask for a bigger discount! 2 Articles repeated in the same issue.

Then the article about Cycling for change (not dissing the cause or the initiative at all here) but is it really necessary to ask 8 Ceo's, covering 5 and a half pages, the same questions?

Continue to the "Mission 94.7" article where the are again asking 5 people the exact same questions? Covering 8 pages

Do you see the pattern here? Not a lot of work required form the reporter using one set of questions for everyone he interviews!

Ok, they are all different people with different answers, but it becomes boring reading the same stuff no matter who is answering them

And just wait until The Argus rolls around -we'll probably see a repeat of "109 best ever Argus tips"....

I thought the mag was superb this month. I really admire all those fat ass corporate guys who stuffed themselves into a bit of lycra for their full page profiles, and the probing interviews, which provided powerful insights into

a. why cycling is almost the same as being a corporate super hero, but different

b. their expert opinion on the LA doping allegations and

c. their training programs to achieve a sub-5 94.7 this year, in between sitting in their offices 50 hours a week printing money for themselves.

Freaking awesome ****!

Also, the new USN toothpaste looks really great.

Edited by Luke.

Guest agteros

I enjoy Ride Magazine a lot more than Bicycling. :thumbup:

My curiosities are also better satisfied by Go Multi and Triathlon Plus. :clap:

Runners World has the same "same ol', same ol'" feeling than what Bicycling has to it.:thumbdown:

USN toothpaste - now that's what I call a wicked sense of humour - you are going to be the next John Cleese!

Guest agteros

USN toothpaste - now that's what I call a wicked sense of humour - you are going to be the next John Cleese!

Does it give your teeth extra endurance to chew on extra Spanish steak?

Runners World has the same "same ol', same ol'" feeling than what Bicycling has to it.:thumbdown:

How much can you really say about running?

Ill sum it up for you:

"Running is like walking, just faster!" the end.

Guest agteros

Ill sum it up for you:

Pretty much like cycling? You sit on your behind, and make your feet go round and round and round. Oh... and some bikes have gears :P

Ill sum it up for you:

But if you do it quicker, its called sprinting. ;) Sorry I spoiled next months issue

Guest agteros

Don't knock running! With just two months of interval running, and 350km of cycling, I could do a semi-respectable 3H13 94.7 Will not dare doing the opposite! Two months of LIGHT cycling and the equivalent kms of running (~90) go and do a running 1/2 marathon or longer? NOT A CHANCE

Remember, runners do cycling on their 'rest' days as it is a nice and easy exercise, and cyclists run to get stronger.... :P

Anycase, the Runners World suffers from the same malady as what Bicycling does. :thumbdown:

Edited by agteros