What XC MTB saddle?

Black Widdow

Ok, so I need a new saddle. I fly a carbon hard tail. My bike's got a aggressive setup. Looking for a race saddle, but with the HT I need some comfort too. Where to find the balance?

Want to hear from you guys out there; Your current saddle brand/model - happy or not? If you had to buy a new saddle today what would you buy brand / model, why?

Looking forward to your advice / replies. :thumbup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selle Italia SLR XC Gel Flow :thumbup:

Not cheap, but light (170g)and enough padding for mtb, also kevlar sides so durable if you go down.

Cut-out keeps you in the game ;)

Thanx for the response so far!

I like the look of the Selle Italia saddles, but Fizik seems to be the overwhelming choice :)

Not cheap, but light (170g)and enough padding for mtb, also kevlar sides so durable if you go down.

I wanna get this, but when they say "xc" would it be ok for all types of riding - My Fizik gobi is killing my butt :(

This is a terribly subjective thing.

Most people ride whatever came on the bike. I have been on the same SDG I Beam saddle for 5 years and about to replace it with the latest version ex CRC for R500. Its starting to come apart slowly but is still comfy. Based on this I rate SDG and I-beam posts very highly...

Caerus - had the gobi on my GT when I bought it, took one ride and sold it, I need a 'flat'saddle.

Ive done 5 hour rides on the XC with cape storm short, very comfy.

There is padding but not so much that it wedgies you, but ur not sitting on plastic either. Just firm as a good saddle should be

I have to agree with you! I bought mine 3 weeks ago and very happy with the padding etc.

I wanna get this, but when they say "xc" would it be ok for all types of riding - My Fizik gobi is killing my butt :(

Def! If I had the option to purchase a saddle again I will buy the Xc again! Well worth every sent! I paid R1200 at CWC for mine.