So how was the OFM Classic??

Burts

Fun. They didnt keep to the start times though. My group left 6 mins early but no biggie.

The wind was a little strong at times and that experimental road section after the first climb sucked big time. It seems they are experimenting with good ol sinkplaat pad in cities now.

Overall a nice morning out

Had a great overall experience,except that I didn't win the bloody Merida road bike!! :P

Wind was tough but it made the race more interesting and can anybody tell me if someone knows something about the two people who crashed just before the airport bridge in the leading group of group C?Ouch that crash was a eyesore!!But hope their okey

Sorry about the early starts in the 94 race. The racing groups started the correct time, but I somehow missed the fact there should have been a 10 minute gap before A batch start and only gave 5 minutes. So all the batches started 5 minutes early.

My mistake :blink:

Otherwise from my side a great event. He he, easy for me to say when I didn't leave the start finish the whole time you guys were out there peddling like mad.

I am always given really great hospitality when in Bloemfontein and the crew from OFM really looked after me this time.

Well done to all finishers, really hope everybody enjoyed the event

Edited by Francois

Great Day!

Weather was pretty damn warm, but the wind behaved itself early in the day.

Yeah! First 10km was pretty hilly - hahaha! I always try and fool myself that this is a flat and fast race, but I make one mistake every year - its not as flat as you think, or as everyone tells you - hahaha! Yes! Its definately fast.

Well organised and well marshalled.

Was a gr8 race. Had a bit of a problem with the marshalling. One of our tandem teems got lost and somebody at the finish told us that they also got lost. Two of our other cycling partners missed the 97km turnoff because they could not hear what the marshall said. Took the 39km route, something went wrong. They had a crash and we had to pick them up at the hospital. One of them was admitted to hospital at home today. Looks like he broke his hip. It was caos at the hospital with all the casualties.

I had an UDDERly MOOtastic ride at the MTN OFM Classic :clap: – it’s awesome to get out there and raise awareness, to ride with a purpose and with each pedal stroke know exactly why you are out there. You are able to keep going regardless of how you feel on the bike because you are focused on something so much bigger than just the race.

I managed to create quite a stir at the start line, featured on the OFM live Twitter stream. Had a few hilarious but minor ‘tail’ problems :unsure: in the first part of the ride but otherwise everything went sMOOthly. I managed to slog it out in the heat and wind, had tons of fun with fellow cyclists and spectators, even saw some fellow Friesland Cows out to PASTURE along the route!!!

http://twitpic.com/34nt2w

Hope everyone else had an awesome time ;)

It was a good race but the three hills in the beginning were rather harsh, but the rest was flat and fast. Reserve chick I cycled some of the way on the highway out with you. Alas I took a tumble after we got off the highway after the 39 and 97k split.

Thanks to the cyclist who stopped to help, although I could not see his face, as my eyes were full of blood, and the two "tannies" who were waiting on the side of the road for their family members to come past for calling the ambulance. I got seven stitches above my eye and a good couple of roasties for my effort.

But i will be back next year.

Enjoyed the MTB race, nice and sunny, not very windy, got my cycling tan... well organized with LBS'es expo. Congrats to Pieter from Park Cycle's for winning the best LBS exhibition :clap: Sunday's road race was a bit windy :thumbup: , some nice climbs and very fast. Loved it :wub: ! We were entertained by local musicians Saturday/Sunday in the hospitality arena :thumbup: , well done OFM! My diary is booked for next year's OFM...

We'd a good race but a horrible finish.

It was my first time piloting a tandem, and my partners first time on a tandem.

We had a 90min crash-course on Saturday.

We bridged to the break from the second hill.

We were looking good for a 2:15 or 2:16 finish time

We had a problem at about the 60km mark and lost two spokes on the front. :(

The wheel finally gave out 20km from the finish. :thumbdown:

We stood there for about 5 min and then saw the chasing pack.

Game over. :angry:

We walked a kay or so to a water-point and waited for a lift.

Overall though, I enjoyed the race, the hospitality in Bloem, and the marshalls. :D

Glad you guys all loved it. To be honest. I underestimated the hills. Draging my big weight up Lukas Steyn was not a good experience. But I managed to stay on the bike. Windy and hot. But overall a good experience. Only bad thing was the piece of road where you turn off Andries Pretorius on your way out on the Maselspoort Road. Thought that my rims are going to brake. But I will be back next year. :) :)

The MTB classic on the Saturday was magic. Great route with a little of everthing. Going to ride the route tis weekend again.

Hi Hubbers. So how was the OFM Classic? Remarks...Opinions...etc etc??

Great race - my first one... Not really trained enough, but will be back next year with more mileage in my legs! Met a lady at the start whose name was Desiree (don't have any other details) from PE. She crashed badly just after the turn-around on the N1. Anyone able to tell me if she is OK? She and I think 2 others went down very hard about 6 bikes in front of me...

Had a great overall experience,except that I didn't win the bloody Merida road bike!! :P

Wind was tough but it made the race more interesting and can anybody tell me if someone knows something about the two people who crashed just before the airport bridge in the leading group of group C?Ouch that crash was a eyesore!!But hope their okey

I saw the two that crashed just before the airport bridge, it was for that reason that I and two other opted to get out of that bunch------mess as there were three riders in there that were BAD news, half wheeling non-stop, stretching at any time at any point sitting in the bunch and just changing lanes with-out having a quick look to see whether it's ok...........so I was surprised to see that the crash happen so late in the race as I thought.......here comes K@k, just a matter of time..............Hope they ok, if I am not mistaken it was a guy and a girl that came off there. Then ofcourse the iPod thing that some riders insist on using even after they were ask very nicely at the start not to...............just k@k attitude I think. I love this race and will be back next year for nr 5 . Ooo before I forget C1279, please don't throw your Gu wrapper next to the road.............waar kom jy vandaan ?? You have three big pockets on the back of your beautiful cycling top.............use it !!

Edited by baie-sukkel