Changing my perception of roadies

katz201

I would describe myself as a mountain biker who does the occasional ride on the road. I've always perceived Roadies to be a bunch of arrogant people who ride next to each other taking up the whole road and only care about speed and the weight of their bikes.

On Saturday morning I went for a ride on my road bike from Sea Point to Noordhoek side of the mountain. On my return my rear tyre decided to commit suicide. Two flat tubes later I was pushing my bike up Chappies. I lost count on the number of roadies who slowed down to ask if I need help/a spare tube etc. Those roadside chats turned the crappy experience in quite a nice one! So for everyone who stopped to help... THANK YOU! :clap:

It made me realise how the little things can change your perception about people! :thumbup:

Edited by katz201

...and this is how perceptions become realities!! On both accounts that is...the arrogance and the suprise...

On saturday I stopped on me road bike and helped a MTBer with a puncture near the Harbour. I prefer MTB but use the road bike to commute :blink: Not all cyclists are bad :whistling:

do you also slow down in your car when you see someone standing next to the road with his car?

:P

Edited by cervelo

Gees, i was attempting to ride a road bike for the first time yesterday and was having some trouble figuring out why my pump wasn't attaching to the valve, and a really friendly mtb dude stopped and asked if I needed help.

And even though I was on the raod bike, I never once cursed at him! :)

...and this is how perceptions become realities!! On both accounts that is...the arrogance and the suprise...

There always has to be someone that has to have a bad attitude about roadies. I am glad people offered to help. I did part of that route on Sunday with my DC team - loads of guys were riding.

May you have many more good experiences on the road as you have on the dirt :thumbup: