Garmin Edge 500

Guest coenie

Anyone else ordered from Bikeinn? Cool website I hadn't seen before for online shopping. Think I might be visiting them more often...

I bought my Garmin Edge 500 bundle from BikeInn, cost me around R2380.00 in total if I'm not mistaken. I can recommend them but DHL (local office) was an issue they could not find my physical address, so I had to meet them at a poi. Odd I know!

www.evanscycles.com

R2100 for Bundle include shipping

Excluding VAT and credit card currency conversion charges. It'll work out closer to R2500 once all charges are inlcuded.

Be careful when you buy from overseas because if something goes wrong, you will have to send it back where you bought it. Rather buy it in local because Garmin SA will support you...

I bought mine from Eastern Cape MTB for R2900 (only R500 more to have peace of minds)

Anyone else ordered from Bikeinn? Cool website I hadn't seen before for online shopping. Think I might be visiting them more often...

A friend of mine ordered his 500 from them. Got it a few days later and was very happy with the whole experience. I think they are in Spain.

I believe the local guys will repair overseas Garmins, but they charge a handling fee of around R400.

Edited by Edman

Be careful when you buy from overseas because if something goes wrong, you will have to send it back where you bought it. Rather buy it in local because Garmin SA will support you...

I bought mine from Eastern Cape MTB for R2900 (only R500 more to have peace of minds)

Spot on. Its the one thing I will defnitely purchase locally because of warranty/guarantee issues when importing. But on the flip side, you can save some bucks if you are prepared to roll the dice.

Like i said in a previous toppic on this, just tell whoever you purchasing it from to clearly mark it as a garmin cycle computer, otherwise you might get charged a heavy fee for duties like i was.

Does anyone know if there is something similar to Bikeinn/CRC in Canada? I'm Aunt is going there in December so was wondering if it worth buying a Garmin from there? Also what is the tax situation on paying for goods from her on my Credit Card then having them delivered to the country the website/shop is in, then having the goods brought back to South Africa. Would I skip any potential taxes/import duties?

Sopas myne bestel van BikeInn. Behoort hom voor Vrydag af te lewer. Neutral weergawe.

Vervoer koste : R160.00

Prys uistluitlik doeane belasting is : R1585.clap.gif