Shimano Brakes ....

TЯΞB

The graph is from Bikeradar's Review of Shimano Brakes.

Sooooo .... if you buy the most expensive Shimano Brakes you get the least stopping power :blink:

According to this graph, at the same Pull Force XTR gives you the least amount of deceleration, followed by XT, SLX and then Deore. Only the Saint brakes buck this trend, coming out tops with the highest deceleration of all brakes tested.

Hmmmm .... I'm sure I saw some killer deals on Deore brakes, anybody looking for XT's .... going cheap :P

Or am I going colourblind :unsure:

post-4101-0-11615300-1289401794.gif

Most test previously show that SLX basically performs the best followed by Deore then XT and XTR. According to those tests the Deore also outbraked the juicy 5 etc.

I think these tests are slightly relative with some level of interpretation, but i have Deore brakes and I weigh 94kg they stop me just fine. ;) no need to upgrade.

oh contrair speshie avid 3 is supposed to compare to Deore, and my gawd the juicy 3's are absolutly horrible. they wouldnt stop a donkey taking a crap :)

When my deore's go ill go either hope or saint ;)

oh contrair speshie avid 3 is supposed to compare to Deore, and my gawd the juicy 3's are absolutly horrible. they wouldnt stop a donkey taking a crap :)

Go hope, go hope. Best brakes Ive had, So little maintenance has been needed on the set i have, which are now about 6 years old, still as good as the day I bought them

Edited by Caerus

Hahaha - ja I also cam across this a while back. If you check out the comments on the site, you'll see that the test team got ripped to pieces for the methods used to test.

There does seem to be very little difference between the XT's and the SLX's in terms of performance though. The XT's calipers are 1-piece as opposed to the SLX which is 2-piece so 'theoretically' the XT's should lose less braking power. Other than that the XT's are less prone to brake fade, weigh a bit less and look cooler :)

Not sure how you guys brake? I have juicy 3, when I want to stop, no problem. Maybe I go to slow to notice the difference. Educate me.

not always just about stopping power... also modulation and for that the juicy threes are horrific.. juicy 5s are very nice and exactly the same as the sevens.. ( I have not met anyone who cam actually get the red knob on the seven to make any difference)

er...HIJACK!!

While we're on the subject, i have a brand new, never fitted pair of Shimano Deore brakes with adapters and rotors for R1300. Anybody want em??? :lol: post-5297-0-74723200-1289494280.jpg

Sorry hijack off.