94.7 MTB - Joburg's k@kest race?

JarradVZ

Ricky Bobby,

In the same boat as you, missed yesterday and today!!!!

Next best thing, taking my draught beer machine out to where my mates from the charity ride pop out of the N14 and meet them with a nice cold one at about 10h30!!

Pull in if you want!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to last year, it was a huge improvement, far less congestion, though the move to A1 also had a lot to do with that...

Gotta love the provisional results though, they are last years results...

Ricky Bobby,

In the same boat as you, missed yesterday and today!!!!

Next best thing, taking my draught beer machine out to where my mates from the charity ride pop out of the N14 and meet them with a nice cold one at about 10h30!!

Pull in if you want!

Thanks AlsDad. Going back to Melrosa Arch since I bought the wrong shoe size for the missus. Then I'm going to do pretty much what you are going to do but at Pizzavino - carbo loading for the next ride :)

Okay, so a fair conclusion then:

It is not in fact Joburg's k@kest race. Significant improvements have been made (like the 16 year old bike washer with a boob job). But there is still lots of room for further improvement especially with regards to the quality of the trails.

Can we agree?

BGS, you should really go and do some of the smaller races as well. Personally I love them, just so much more relaxed and personal. This weekend there is the race at Rust de Winter. We did it last year and it was great fun. Keep on riding!

BGS, you should really go and do some of the smaller races as well. Personally I love them, just so much more relaxed and personal. This weekend there is the race at Rust de Winter. We did it last year and it was great fun. Keep on riding!

Thanks! Yip, doing another one next weekend which is really small and from January i plan to do one or two small races per month. But getting longer and longer as i get fitter.

Thanks! Yip, doing another one next weekend which is really small and from January i plan to do one or two small races per month. But getting longer and longer as i get fitter.

And of course you off to visit a game farm with your dogs and horses !! There's a good 70km's of riding waiting for you,your dogs and horses to be done :D

Gr8 RACE!!!!

Guys/girls( who is complaining so much) why dont you organise a better race in Johannesburg that is 50km long and is better than the 94.7 one!!!

I will lick your bike clean!!

I really enjoyed this year's race - much better than last year - a bit more technical stuff (still not a lot but a fair amount for the area they have to work with), I enjoyed all the silly bridges at the end - all in all a fun, semi challening course.

Apparently Waterford Estates will have a permanent mtb track so perhaps Tim's vision of prepared track will come true.

My only crit would have to be the seeding - A1 was peppered with people that really shouldn't have been there. I'm sure in time it will rasie it's game to the road seeding...

I'll do it again next year! I like the double racing weekend.

I really enjoyed this year's race - much better than last year - a bit more technical stuff (still not a lot but a fair amount for the area they have to work with), I enjoyed all the silly bridges at the end - all in all a fun, semi challening course.

Apparently Waterford Estates will have a permanent mtb track so perhaps Tim's vision of prepared track will come true.

My only crit would have to be the seeding - A1 was peppered with people that really shouldn't have been there. I'm sure in time it will rasie it's game to the road seeding...

I'll do it again next year! I like the double racing weekend.

Did you enjoy the sexy marshals :thumbup:

Also did the 50km, firtst time i've entered for the 94.7 MTB, i was impressed, thought it was very well organised, scenery was decent for a JHB city race. The water points I think were well organised. I had a GR8 time.

Timmy - It's 50km - more than a 1000 competitors - In JHB,the most commercial race in the country, if you need a training ride, go elsewhere and if you want to stroke your ego, go enter the MTN Ultra XC races , then post your "training ride" results.Route design and marking is hard work - Hats off to those that contibuted in growing the sport.

I must agree that this race was a load of nonsense. i wont be entering again. i got extremely bored. not one bit of adrenaline involved.. maybe at the end at the bike wash, but thats it.. far too commercial if u ask me.. everything was 100% ecxept fot the route. was DEAD boring!!