94.7 "Good on you" thread

MaxUmis

To the babe in the Bionic Cycling kit in D group. Sorry for staring, but you made my day... :clap:

:D I was watching a couple of riders around her losing focus on their line, and found it amusing at times when some of them tried to engage her in 'conversation' :D Made an otherwise boring ride a bit more fun.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the guy that towed his son in the 'buggy' behind him (nice engineering by the way!) - I'm not sure, but I think that this may be the guy who does the triathlon's with him.

And to everyone who did something, however small, for someone else on the day!

I was also in F and had a great race, thanks guys/girls! Sorry I ran out of steam a bit towards the end but those MTB k's in the legs from Saturday made for tough going :(

yebo, to all the finishers!! :clap: :clap:

the guys that spent their sunday (waterpoints / massage / marshalls / spectators etc) to encourage us, whilst sitting in the heat!

the Choc guys kept screaming "dont give up, you'll make it" when i was walking on the uphills

i'll back next year.

Didn't get to ride this year :(, But this thread is so much better then the other one's whining about the race. It's amazing how a perception can change how we see things.

Hotest and toughest i can recall

Cyclists in L group, never saw any incidents :thumbup:

Did not hear the usual "passing left, passing right, passing over you" or "hold your line" then swearing, most kept left :thumbup:

Potential road hazards like potholes for being marked :thumbup:

Spectators along the road, more than i recall in previous years :thumbup:

Jhb residents in general for less gripping about being inconvenienced :thumbup:

WP marshals and bike mechs along the way helping cyclists with bike problems :thumbup:

Tanja for organising a great event, from the start to the finish :thumbup:

Again Tanja for allowing extra time for cut off to allow for more people to complete the course and get their medals :thumbup:

Once again a very well organized and tough race.Congrats to the CHOC guys and everyone who supported a cause.

I was one that cycled in the intense heat,it was sheer murder.It was probably the major cause of my cramping.

The waterpoints were excellent and the support along the way was truly fantastic.

Coming from the coast I found the altitude an issue.

All in all,my issues had nothing to do with the organization etc.I big thank you to everyone who marshalled/helped at waterpoints etc etc.

Also must add the lady they interviewed on TV at one of the WP, despite suffering 3 punctures she still had a smile and positve attitude. :thumbup:

To all the black ladies that I saw on bikes - Salute, salute........

Next step - a black lady in the top ten!!

This is surely everybodies race............and I'm loving it

PS - I love this thread! :thumbup:

Guest agteros

To the guy that towed his son in the 'buggy' behind him (nice engineering by the way!) - I'm not sure, but I think that this may be the guy who does the triathlon's with him.

And to everyone who did something, however small, for someone else on the day!

Correct, Team Garwood. Search them on FB, and read their race report. A true inspiration to the rest of us!

did a second lap and saw the true spirit of the 94 for the first time, it was awesome!

Helped push some of the Choc ice-cream bikes and had good chats with them, awesome bunch of ppl and doing it for a great cause.

To all those who mentioned the Water Points.

Thanks. I spent this year's 94.7 as a volunteer coke pusher at WP 6 on the N14 at the Petroport. I require no special thanks for this but just want to say that until one has the experience, one never realises how much work goes into making a water point happen.

So to all the other volunteers who help out at all the races, I know what you guys and gals do to make a water point work.

Kudos to you all. Thanks for all the work you do and a special thanks for doing it this year at the 94.7. You peeps rock. :clap: