Anderson transport results removed from racetec?

Guest Jarryd Haley

The title and subtitle of the thread: Anderson transport refuse drug test at DC?? Heard a rumor- is it true??

Why not, if these were people he was concerned about, ask "is it false"?

He sought to confirm or further a rumour in the hope that it was true.

Tumble, what you saying here - isnt it an assumption , and the same would apply to what you arguing the purpose was originally?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tumble, what you saying here - isnt it an assumption , and the same would apply to what you arguing the purpose was originally?

I am applying what a court would consider when weighing up what the average reader would have assumed from the subtitle.

Firstly, he said it was a rumour. Secondly, applying the strict laws of journalism to an internet poster is rally a bit over the top (and come on, journo's still make it up right?!). He stated it was a rumour and asked if it was true. Come on, cut the guys some slack. Yes, he got it wrong and everyone bashed his balls for it. Going the defamation route would be spiteful to the extreme, plus it allerted us to the fact that AT's results were removed.

How would you like to be 1 of the riders on the team who now have a ??? over their heads everytime someone sees them regardless of how this thread works out?

As you say Journo's make things up and many of them get into trouble with the law over it once, for example a celebrity proves its a lie like it is in this case.

I know the guys on the team (aswell as Daiken for that matter) and as full of rubbish and naughty as AT are, they all a good solid team who take things serious and none of them would do this type of thing as 1 of them doesnt even drink alcohol.

Either way what happens happens. Its just not nice when vicious rumours like are started as names are tarnished so the starter of this rumour must deal with whats coming to him/her. It's also is funny how people on this thread are ducking for cover.

Edited by Bpayne

...they all a good solid team who take things serious and none of them would do this type of thing as 1 of them doesnt even drink alcohol....

Now that is a ten out of ten, industrial strength non sequitur if ever there was one!

And here I was always thinking that it was all so peaceful in Slaapstad

Ag, it's that end-of-year thing. Peeps are tired and bitchy.

How would you like to be 1 of the riders on the team who now have a ??? over their heads everytime someone sees them regardless of how this thread works out?

As you say Journo's make things up and many of them get into trouble with the law over it once, for example a celebrity proves its a lie like it is in this case.

I know the guys on the team (aswell as Daiken for that matter) and as full of rubbish and naughty as AT are, they all a good solid team who take things serious and none of them would do this type of thing as 1 of them doesnt even drink alcohol.

Either way what happens happens. Its just not nice when vicious rumours like are started as names are tarnished so the starter of this rumour must deal with whats coming to him/her. It's also is funny how people on this thread are ducking for cover.

I must be naive - but I dont think the names have been tarnished at all.

Hey all.

Just heard a rumor that Anderson refused to take a urine test at the DC this weekend. Can anyone confirm if this is true??

Pretty sure there is no defamation in posing a question about a rumour (that is about as far from a statment of fact as you can get) ... as far as I understand it the courts would have trouble proving intent to defame from teh original post. Headline (or in this case title of the thread) is a bit misleading but the subtitle clears that up pretty well.

I agree that it was a stupid post, but there are people out there spreading rumours that vets/subvets taking stuff in SA (personally I find the notion absurd and highly improbable) without naming names and that is just as harmful even if it is baseless statements. Add the unsubstantiated rumours together and something sticks unfortunately.

I think this whole rumour can be nipped in the bud if the original poster would just change the topic heading!!!

Anyway, back to the real question; why were the results removed?

I agree that it was a stupid post, but there are people out there spreading rumours that vets/subvets taking stuff in SA (personally I find the notion absurd and highly improbable) without naming names and that is just as harmful even if it is baseless statements. Add the unsubstantiated rumours together and something sticks unfortunately.

I think this whole rumour can be nipped in the bud if the original poster would just change the topic heading!!!

Anyway, back to the real question; why were the results removed?

maybe its because AT took the race too serious seeing that it was a fun ride afterall? :)

maybe its because AT took the race too serious seeing that it was a fun ride afterall? :)

I reckon anyone who decides to ride 202km on a saturday morning takes it quite seriously :)

I reckon anyone who decides to ride 202km on a saturday morning takes it quite seriously :)

so do I

maybe you just missed the earlier posts about why no drug testing was done at the event

Guest Jarryd Haley

Hi there.

Just a quick message to clear a few things up.

Firstly, an apology to Anderson and their team.

With retrospect, maybe posting the question here was not the best idea, but it must be remembered that it was just that, a question. I thanked Heimar for his answer and hoped that it would be left at that, but in typical HUB style things were blown way out of proportion. If it was doing such damage to their image (which I hope it did not, and dont think it did), then why didnt the moderators step in and remove it? Again, just a question.

Cheers.

Hi there.

Just a quick message to clear a few things up.

Firstly, an apology to Anderson and their team.

With retrospect, maybe posting the question here was not the best idea, but it must be remembered that it was just that, a question. I thanked Heimar for his answer and hoped that it would be left at that, but in typical HUB style things were blown way out of proportion. If it was doing such damage to their image (which I hope it did not, and dont think it did), then why didnt the moderators step in and remove it? Again, just a question.

Cheers.

Then why don't you just delete the thread?

Pretty sure there is no defamation in posing a question about a rumour

Not least because nobody is identified who could claim to have been personally defamed.

Someone want to put a team sheet down here, so we know who we are mindlessly trashing?