AAAAAAIEEY! Hie kom 'n klap!

mightymayhem

just tell her u want to lose weight for the wedding to look perfect and by having a nice bicycle u can cycle further to lose weight faster :)

If she already knows what you earn its too late. If not, keep her in the dark for as long as possible ;) That way she will never know what you are earning or spending. :D Let her learn to get along with her own salary-ok, now and then give her a couple of bucks to blow on herself :) It's worked for me :D

If she already knows what you earn its too late. If not, keep her in the dark for as long as possible ;) That way she will never know what you are earning or spending. :D Let her learn to get along with her own salary-ok, now and then give her a couple of bucks to blow on herself :) It's worked for me :D

Did it Reg? Why past tense? Shouldn't it then be "It works for me"? :P

Unwritten rule, as I've said before, amongst my mates everything gets divided by 4! TDF was won on a bike that cost 15k!

Edited by AlsDad

Seems the other half has noticed the recent addition of "Tubeless" to the graphics on the tires.

Yet to say anything about it though.

Oops.

She hasn't yet noticed: Blackburn tool & bomb-dispenser; Bottle of stans; New shifters; wholly integrated rear derailleur cable; new cassette; 2011 Reba RL of the hiding-in-the-cupboard variety...

Must say though... went to Tokai yesterday, and the difference between 1.95 tubed and 2.2 WTB Wolverine tubeless is frankly awe-inspiring. And that's before I replace the Suntour XCM with the Reba hiding-in-the-cupboard!

Cannot wait!

Edit: Need to prepare for wrath of female proportions. ***. At least I have my precious

Edited by cptmayhem

Must say though... went to Tokai yesterday, and the difference between 1.95 tubed and 2.2 WTB Wolverine tubeless is frankly awe-inspiring. And that's before I replace the Suntour XCM with the Reba hiding-in-the-cupboard!

Once you swing the suntour for the Reba trust me she will NOTICE! and when you hit the trails trust me so will you :clap:

The only failsafe way to solve this is to chop off her head with a spade

I suggest you don't post the pics one here but rather say "she is stying with her mother"

Edited by chris_w_65

Unwritten rule, as I've said before, amongst my mates everything gets divided by 4! TDF was won on a bike that cost 15k!

I thought it will work if I offered to buy her cycling stuff too ... now in stead of dividing by 4, I have to multiply by 2! She "bought" into the biking thing big time :lol:

Regarding the earnings thing, I'm commission only, so it is variable.

Plus, hid a couple of things away for this very purpose. Still, will find it hard to justify the purchase in any terms that she will understand. Unless, that is, I buy her a new squash racquet, shoes & something else as a topper-upper. And finish that coffee table I've been making for the past 4 weeks. And build a new chest of drawers. And... and...