Getting back to form after an injury?

I've been out of action with a broken wrist for the past 12 weeks. I've started spinning because im not allowed to cycle yet, but I can start cycling in about two weeks time!  Any tips to get back to form quickly?

Just take your first few rides easy, and once you've been given the go-ahead from your Doc to ride dont be afraid to use your wrist!! It can handle the ride, although you may be a bit 'wobbly' at first!!

just one word of advice - just because you've broken it before and it's healed doesn't mean you can't break it again LOLLOLLOLWink

I broke my hand at the beginning of the year and was off for two months.  I kept fit by going to gym and spinning there a bit.  I found when I got on the bike again that I hadn't lost much.  Biggest mistake though was trying ride before it was completely healed. 

If you try not putting pressure on the injured arm / hand you end up putting more on the other hand and because of this you are not sitting perfectly straight.  There is a good chance of back pain,  I ended up having to go to the chiro for the first time in 12 years!

Just a suggestion. Use a wrist guard (available at Dischem) for the first two weeks just to take a bit of pressure off the wrist and keep on spinning!!!

Ride ........... your body will tell you if you can or can't or if you're doing too much or too little.

I was in a car crash in November. Punctured lung, broke ribs, dislocated shoulder, tore ligaments in my neck and banged my brain all stukkend.

They say you never forget how to ride a bike, but bang your head hard and you can!!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My big problem was my neck and it took a longer front fork, new stem and riser bars to get comfortable again ????. then some low life scumbucket stole my bike!!

............. and find a doctor who understands you!!